Just got back from the castle today... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got back from the castle today... Just got back from the castle today...

Unread 01-25-2002, 09:08 PM
Just got back from the castle today...

and it was rough going the first 2 days ...had my surgery on the 23rd. But guess what, I am up and doing around ...obviously....the only rough part was when they tried to cath me and I had already voided and there was nothing left in my bladder I had to demand they stop because it hurt so bad, I am still sore in the vaginal area from it, but they kept telling me it was my right to refuse, they were so helpful.
I cant believe I am back in my bed!!! And it is a water bed and I have no problems getting in or out of it!!!
I was so happy to come home today, just wanted to let all the ladies in waiting know that the bad part is THE WAITING.
Recovery for me is fast and easy, I am just in a kind of haze partly and was wondering if anyone else was nauseated for the days following the surgery I just cant shake the upset tummy.
I havent had any pain meds, havent needed them, I am so surprised how fast this surgery is healing!!
To those in waiting,,,,,, good luck !!!
P.S. when the release nurse asked me where I found the information I told her I studied up on I gave her this web addy and she was very interested, wrote it down and I hope she gives it out, this site is more help then I ever imagined!!!
Hmmmm not bettywetty any more, betty the princess!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 09:18 PM

I'm glad you did so well Betty! Be a good Princess and pamper yourself! , lots of fluids and take short s around the house!

Sherry
Unread 01-25-2002, 09:26 PM

Betty, I'm so glad to here everything went so well.....you sound wonderful...I hope mine goes as well! Take care of yourself and don't over do it!

:caution:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-25-2002, 09:28 PM

Welcome Home Betty the
I am glad to hear that you are home, and doing well.
Continue to get lots of
I was very nauseated the first few days following surgery. The night I came home, I several times. It does get better after a few days.
Take Care
Unread 01-25-2002, 09:34 PM

Betty, Welcome Home. I am so glad that everything went so well for you. As we are told REST REST REST.

Msorazza99
Debbie
LAVH/BSO
Unread 01-25-2002, 09:45 PM

Betty - Welcome home!!!! Glad your surgery went well. Remember...recovery does take 6 - 8 weeks...so you've got lots of healing left...matter of fact you've just started but sounds like you're off to a good start. Anest. stays in your system for several weeks so you may not be feeling the full effects of surgery yet....don't be fooled by that. REST, REST, REST - feet up - this is crucial the first few weeks to keep pressure off your internal stitches. Limit walking AND sitting time. No bending, pushing, pulling, twisting or stretching to reach anything

Again, welcome home. See you in post op
Unread 01-25-2002, 09:53 PM

Hi Betty!

So glad you are home and that surgery went so well. I had nausea off and on for the first 2 weeks. Hopefully yours won't last that long. That was my biggest complaint about the whole surgery though...the nausea! YUCK!

Time to pamper the princess! Happy healing!

Unread 01-26-2002, 12:01 AM

Hi Betty,

I want to join Dot and welcome you to Post Op! We hope to see you as you continue in your recovery. If you have questions or just want to stop in to say Hi, we'll be here!

Congratulations on your crowning . Now, feet up, drink lots and lots and lots of water, and take it easy on that tummy for a while. Broth, applesauce, vanilla pudding, jello (yes -- I know -- you thought those days were behind you) are just the ticket for you right now.

Blessings and s
Unread 02-09-2002, 02:37 PM

I had a TAH on 1/22/02 and was nauseated until I went home on 1/25. I actually threw up on that Thursday evening. That was scary because I thought it would hurt really bad but it didn't. I also was sent home with a low grade fever that lasted over a week. I am now doctoring the right side of my incision because it became infected, but just a little. I've had constant pain on the right side until 2/7/02. Feeling MUCH BETTER now!!!! Recovering from 2 c-sections was a breeze compared to this, at least for me. Maybe it's because they cut my stomach open and didn't give me a baby when they were through!! I don't mean to frighten anyone and I'm glad everyone else who went to the castle had a happier story!!!!

AMalloryrincess:
Unread 02-10-2002, 11:48 AM
Mallory now that we are almost 3 weeks post op...

I feel great how about you?
The pain I had in my left side of my tummy went away about a week and a half after my surg. I told my doc I just woke one day and it was gone, he told me that there seems to be a turning point for all women with this surgery...they come in and tell him the same thing.
I get tired at the end of the day....am starting to feel like wearing makeup again feel like a NEW ME!!!! I havent felt like this for a long time!
I still am bleeding a little bit.....but doc assures me that that too, will end! hehehe
Happy days are here again!!!
Hope you are all healed from your infection...these things I guess sometimes happen.
betty

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register