Home From The Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home From The Castle Home From The Castle

Unread 01-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Home From The Castle

Hello Hystersisters,
Surgery was on Wednesday the 23rd. and Friday the 25th I came home. I was sooooo scared and nervous on my way to the castle as most of us have been or still are. The reason I am writing here instead of post-op is, I always wanted to know about the other women who were on the other side...well now I am also on the other side and truly grateful.
For those of you in waiting, as the other hystersisters have said "the hardest part is the waiting".
My experience on the way was nerve racking.
Got to the castle and greated by great nurses and the guy who puts you to sleep (can'y spell it) I know you know who I mean...smiling.
They asked me all kinds of questions and everyone I talked to asked one very important question and that is, what are you having done today? There was no mistaken what I was having done and everyone wanted to be on the same page. Great question I thought!
They gave me something to relax and my Mom who was with me said she was so glad they did as she could see the scared look on my face fade away.
Next I was in my surgery clothes and pretty party hat as they called it and was wisked off to the operating room and asked to move on the table. I did with ease. The nurses and staff in there were all so great and comforting.
Next I remember being in the recovery room where once again they were great and helpful. The nurses told me to press the button which was the morphine pump and I didn't hesitate one second.
Next I was rolled from recovery to my room and took the scenic route so we could pick Mom up along the way. She looked at me and said you look wonderful ... made me fell pretty good!
Got to my room which turned out to me in a birthing section of the hospital ... that was the real treat because it was soooo quiet, it was private, all the comforts of home and a hugh bathroom.
I satyed in bed that day, was up the next morning walking, eating and they took me off the pump which by the way I never got sick whew! That was one of my biggest fears (smiling) actually everything was a big fear!
Next day eating solid food slowly, very important. Drank alot, p'ed alot and now WAITING to have a BM .. I will welcome that for sure.
The ride home was ok, did'nt have to far to go.
Well I can go on and on however in a nut shell, I had a the best surgey I could have asked for and more.
So for those of you in waiting trust your Doctors and nurses ... you are in good hands.
Just this on last important factor... the morning I left for the castle I got on my knees and prayed that God would take good care of me ... I was totally not in control any more ... asked that he hold me tight in His hands. I believe he carried me through this surgery and easy recovery. So ladies if you want help all you have to do is ask sincerely from your heart and He will hear you.
Best of luck to all of you in waiting and THANK YOU to all the women who have posted their stories and helped me though the waiting!!!
Love Hystersister,
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2002, 10:05 AM
Thank you!

I just wanted to thank you for your post on the pre- op board, it helps calm the fears of those of us on this side! When I had my cone biopsy, I was afraid of being put out, and also what the results would be etc. Just before surgery, my wonderful dh took my hand and prayed for me out loud, he's so good at that!

It really helped to calm my fears then, and it turned out they didn't even put me under, just deeply sedated me, and everything went very smoothly.

The results were good, at least no invasive cancer found, but I'm still more than likely looking at a TAH very soon, since he wasn't able to get it all with the cone.

Sending you wishes for a speedy recovery, and I'll take your advice and get down on my knees that morning and give it to the Lord and trust that he will keep me in his loving hands.

s God Bless You!
Unread 01-26-2002, 10:22 AM
Welcome Home!!!!!!

Welcome Home and congradulations you are a true princess Please get plenty of rest and check back in with us as you feel able. Your crown is absolutely stunning sending a big hug from Ohio and lots of love Jacqui
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-26-2002, 10:24 AM
Home From The Castle

Welcome home Diane. Thanks for sharing story with LIW's

REST, REST, REST...drink LOTS or water and stay away from carbonated drinks and gasy foods for awhile.

Sending healing thoughts your way.
Unread 01-26-2002, 11:17 AM
home from the castle

Diane: thanks so much for posting about your surgery. As the date of my surgery approaches (01/31/02), it is so encouraging to read stories of other hystersisters' experiences. I am happy yours was such a positive one.

Take care of yourself, get plenty of rest and drink lots of fluids. Keep us posted on your progress.

Oh yes, your mom sounds like a real jewel.
Unread 01-26-2002, 01:22 PM
Thank You

Diane,

Thanks so much for your encouraging words. I'm still 16 days away from surgery (LAVH/BSO) and not at all nervous, but figure once the final day or two get here, I may be quite scared. However, with all the problems I've had, I know that it'll be well worth it.
Looking forward to getting it over with and on the road to recovery. Wishing you a speedy recovery and I too will for myself as well as all our other "sisters" out there who are going thru the same thing.
Did you have to have a catheter? I'm nervous about that. The only other time I had one was when my son was born 19 years ago. Of course I didn't feel them put it in, but I sure felt them take it out.
told me I'd be on complete bed rest on Monday after the surgery but would have me up and ing on Tues and should be able to go home Wed.
Here's to you and a speedy recovery.

Cindy

Isn't it great to have a close family to be there for love and support?
Unread 01-27-2002, 08:10 AM
Cindy / Catheter

Hi Cindy,
Thanks for your post. I did have a catheter put in after I was under and it didn't hurt much when they took it out. It was fast!
Wishing you the best and keep in touch.
Your Hystersister
Love,
Diane
Unread 01-27-2002, 08:41 AM
Home From The Castle

Diane--

Thank you so much for letting us know what to expect and your words of encouragement. I'm 3 days away from my big day and have been getting more anxious with every passing moment. I think I have re-read everything twice on this site from what to take to the castle to what I should do afterwards. I still feel like I can't get enough information! I be glad to go to my Pre-Op appt. tomorrow and get a lot of details finalized.

Take care of yourself, rest and let us know how you are doing!

Thanks again!
Unread 01-27-2002, 12:59 PM
Home From The Castle

Miss Di,
Thank you so much for your post. You just returned from the castle and found time to comfort all of us LIW. I am so glad that you had a good experience and wish you a easy recovery. As my day approaches 1/31/02 I will be thinking of your words to comfort me. Once again thank you for you kindness and comforting words.

Debbie
[email protected]
LAVH/BSO
Unread 01-27-2002, 01:54 PM
Home From The Castle

Diane- Thank you, thank you, thank you. My surgery is tomorrow and your post could not have come at a better time for me! It made me feel better and I thank you. Take good care of you. I will post when I feel up to it! Hopefully, my experience will be as positive as yours. Cathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register