Taking Estradiol at bedtime is keeping me up for several hours | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Taking Estradiol at bedtime is keeping me up for several hours Taking Estradiol at bedtime is keeping me up for several hours

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Taking Estradiol at bedtime is keeping me up for several hours

I am trying to find out if this is common. I have been taking Estadiol 1mg by mouth for 5 days now. I am taking it at bedtime(usually about 1/2-1 hour before and I noticed I will be tired and ready to go to bed and then I perk up for several hours. I feel good, relaxed, but wide awake. I thought about taking it maybe around 5pm or so to see if that helps. Is it something that I need to see what time works best for me? I have noticed that I feel real good until around 4 or 5 pm then I start to notice symptoms coming back. I just don't know how to do this since I never have had to before. Any thoughts would be nice.

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2012, 03:14 PM
Re: Taking Estradiol at bedtime is keeping me up for several hours

Hi,

My ARNP has me taking my Estradiol in the morning and Progesterone in the evenings. Perhaps that will help? (I still am doing the same "wide awake thing", but maybe this will help you.)
Unread 09-04-2012, 03:38 PM

You may want to try taking it in the morning to see if your symptoms improve. There is no right or wrong time to take oral estrogen. The best time is the time that works for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-04-2012, 05:50 PM

Thank you! Today I am trying out taking it at 5 pm. If that still does not work I will try the mornings. I am not sure if I need progesterone. I have heard if you no longer have a uterus to stay away from progesterone. Trying to figure this all out. This site has been such a God send for me and my recovery.
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:02 PM

I take mine as soon as I wake up. 8am=hormone and cup of coffee. my mornings are 100% better than they were before my HRT.
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:04 PM

You are still very early post op. It is true that many doctors think no uterus = no progesterone, but many of us have found the opposite to be true. You are very early post op so it is really uncertain if you will be one who needs progesterone or not. It is best to let your body recover from surgery and balance your estrogen before adding in other hormones. You're on the right track by not adding progesterone just yet.
Unread 09-05-2012, 04:04 PM

Thank you to all! I tried taking the Estradiol at 5pm and it did not work. I was up wide awake until the wee hours of the morning. This morning I took the Estradiol and I will see what happens this evening. I feel good today. I have more energy, no hot flashes, no anxiety, no brain fog. I appreciate this site so much!!
Unread 09-05-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplecattma View Post
Thank you to all! I tried taking the Estradiol at 5pm and it did not work. I was up wide awake until the wee hours of the morning. This morning I took the Estradiol and I will see what happens this evening. I feel good today. I have more energy, no hot flashes, no anxiety, no brain fog. I appreciate this site so much!!
YAY!!!!! Let us know how it goes tonight!
Unread 09-05-2012, 10:47 PM

Just a thought....you took a pill at 5pm and then one this morning first thing. So you technically took 2 doses in a 24 hour period and you're having a super day. It could be that you may need a little more estrogen than the dose you're on. See how you feel tomorrow when you've gone 24 hours between doses.
Unread 09-06-2012, 09:02 AM

E2ME2,
Thank you for that thought. That is true. My Dr did tell me if 1mg did not take care of all the symptoms to bump it up to 2mg. I may try taking 2mg tomorrow to see how I feel. I slept most of the night last night. I had anxiety(which is very new to me since the surgery) last night. I will keep tweaking this Estradiol until it works and when I go to my Dr in a couple weeks I will discuss it with him.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register