Looking for young women that had a hysterectomy as young as 15? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Aching Hearts

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Looking for young women that had a hysterectomy as young as 15? Looking for young women that had a hysterectomy as young as 15?

Unread 01-28-2002, 03:48 PM
Looking for young women that had a hysterectomy as young as 15?

I am now 24, and I am going through friends having children! Would love to talk to u!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2002, 04:46 PM

(((((((Marlamckay))))))))))

I was 30 when I had my hyst so I can't identify with your pain exactly but I do want to let you know that I am always willing to listen. I am now 31, still single and quite childless. I have found a couple of threads about women who have had hysts at very young ages. Just click on the thread to jump there.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ighlight=young

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ighlight=young

Hugs & prayers,
Unread 01-28-2002, 06:18 PM

Dear Marla,

This link https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=35903 will take you to a poll about ages at time of hysterectomy.

I am sending you huge cyberhugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2002, 04:05 PM
early hysterectomy

Okay, I've tried responding to your message twice with really long messages and each time, lost the message to whatever. So, here goes the short end of it: I am 28 and had my hysterectomy at age 13, back in 1987. Like you, my friends and family are having kids and I am without. If this goes through, perhaps then I can relate to you the whole sordid tale but this is it for now!

(((((((hugs)))))))))) and Best Wishes
Unread 02-03-2002, 03:12 PM
23 yrs. old

I am 23 yrs old and 7 weeks out. It really stinks having one so young, and you guys were younger than me. I'm sorry you had to have this so young!!!!
Unread 02-03-2002, 06:47 PM
Don't forget

You might be sick of hearing people telling you this, but don't forget adoption. We adopted two children over the course of three years (they were considered hard to place) and they have been absolutely wonderful. They are now older (23 and 21) and they kept my sanity (or contributed to it!).

For a variety of medical reasons, we were childless during the 10 years before we adopted. It was one of the most wonderful times in my life and I would encourage everyone who wants a family to think about adoption.

As I said, I know that you're probably sick to death of hearing that, and it won't help your heartache--but adoption is SO wonderful.
Unread 02-04-2002, 08:28 AM
hope you don't mind

but I have always had gyn problems, as well as my mom. My daughter now 13, almost 14 seems to be a heavy bleeder, and passes alot of clots. She is also in alot of pain the first day or two.

What happened to you that made your mom's take you to get looked at? Im very concerned about Ambyr because of my problems. We talk about this stuff all of the time. I have even taken her to the OB with me, althoug she was totally grossed out!!! But, I feel it's necessary for her to know these things because of her genetics. She also has a paternal grandmother that is a breast cancer survivor. I am very proud of her, she knows her body very well, and knows the risks she is faced with. Im just afraid that I will flub up and miss something that I should be seeking medical care for.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tammie
Unread 02-05-2002, 12:55 AM

Dear Tammie,

Here's what I've learned thru the years & I hope it helps. I've had mediocre drs and a mom who wasn't very familiar w/ gynecological anomalies. Because of that inexperience I now take charge of my health needs & research. I'm admittedly wary, having spent a majority of my teens in & out of hospitals. I was born w/ 2 uteruses, 2 vaginas & 1 kidney. When I was 12, I began hemmoraghing old blood that had backed up into my 2nd uterus. We didn't know this until I'd undergone tests & a laparascopy. My dr performed a biunification of the uterus and took an ovary and left me w/ weakened vaginal walls. I was able to have kids but only deliver via cesearean. The biunification left me w/ heavy periods until the uterus shrank down but I developed a pelvic infection. I didn't find out about it until I was nearly dying at age 13 and the only option to save me was a hysterectomy.
We found later that the dr had performed the wrong procedure & the uterus became 2 again which resulted in a pelvic abscess. We filed a malpractice suit & won but it was a hollow victory. I can't have kids, I still have problems with the cervix left behind and I was on the wrong HRT. Fortunately, I have found a good dr-after yrs of searching for someone who could respond to my needs. She had me tested for bone density, hormone, and testosterone levels, changed my HRT from Premarin(yuck) to Estratest(yay). Also, I'm seeing a therapist again because I'm finally beginning to get a handle on the whole infertility issue. It's been a long road and I'm nowhere near the end-but it's a good start
Unread 02-09-2002, 08:27 AM

marlamckay-
I am almost 37 years old and had my hysterectomy at the young age of 14. There have been many down times through the process of dealing with friends and family having children, especially during my 20's.
If you want we can chat sometime.....maybe I can help with some of my experiences and ideas.

Tammie-
It never hurts to have an exam done. My only sign was extreme abdominal pain. It was suspected to be my appendix, however, it turned out to be bursted cysts on my enlarged ovaries, which within 24 hours had to be removed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register