feeling better | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling better feeling better

Unread 01-29-2002, 08:21 AM
feeling better

Okay I'm feeling much better. I came to this sight after my Dr. nurse had written it on the back of her card. I have to remember to thank her. Because after reading everything that was on this sight last night and yes a good cry i feel much better.

I talked to my dr this morning and he made me feel alot better too. He said that he thought i had zoned out on him when he said it was cancer. oh god that is the first time i have told anyone that it is cancer. He did say that i had some time but he felt that it was best that i have the surgery soon, so i didn't change my date.

Well i have a lot to get done in the next few days. A little over whelming.

I do need one more big peice of advice, how do i tell and what do i tell my 18 year old daughter? She is very stronge and grown up but i'm just not sure i want to tell her that her mother has cancer.

Well i'm off to start cleaning and see if there is anything that i don't want anyone to find ( guess i better throw that old collection of playgirl away) Will be back soon. Peg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2002, 11:19 AM
feeling better

Peggy,

I'm glad you're feeling better now, and I'm glad you talked to your dr again.

I don't really have any advice on how to tell your daughter, except to just tell her. Be as direct and straightforward as you can, I'm sure she'll surprise you.

Good luck with the cleaning, my date is next week and I kind of gave up on the cleaning, but I bet this weekend I'll go into panic mode and try to get it all done in a couple of days.

Good luck.
Unread 01-30-2002, 02:39 AM
I agree

Peggy

I agree totally with Mary Lou. Have you told anyone else yet? If you have, it may help you both if you have someone with you, but please don't hesitate in telling your daughter. You will get a pleasant surprise of how supportive she will be. If she is strong and grown up, she will take it in her stride and you are going to need her support and help through all of this.

I don't know if you have posted to there or read any of the threads, but there is another forum called Cancer Concerns where you may also pick up some good advice on what to say, or more support for you.

Regards and all my best wishes for everything.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register