Heavy Bleeding after Sex | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Heavy Bleeding after Sex Heavy Bleeding after Sex

Unread 09-27-2012, 10:05 AM
Heavy Bleeding after Sex

I'm new here and had a total hysterectomy when i was 23 due to boarderline ovarian cancer and had radiation treatment, I'm now 55.
Sex was good for a long time. I haven't had sex in over 4 years and now I have met a wonderful man. Two weeks before having sex for the first time with my man I was put on vagifem. The problem is when we had sex and with deeper penetration I began to bleed for 10 hours straight with heavy large blood clots - at one point I thought I would have to go to the hospital emergency. Can anyone help shed some light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
Re: Heavy Bleeding after Sex

I think you need to be seen. I don't think that should be happening. I know that it has been a while since having sex, a little spotting maybe, heavy bleeding and clots no. I wouldn't try again until after you've been seen.
Please keep us posted.

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 09-27-2012, 12:59 PM

I agree you should see a doctor, as it is not normal to be bleeding. You could have infection, dryness, etc. Only a doctor can determine the problem.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2012, 07:01 PM

I agree with the other ladies. You need to be seen and evaluated.

It could be something as simple as vaginal atrophy or scar tissue that will settle in time but heavy bleeding with clots warrants a doctor visit ASAP and before proceeding with sex again.
Unread 09-27-2012, 07:15 PM

I would definitely be seeing your doctor. It could be something minor but you really need to be checked out. I would definitely see the doc as soon as you can. Heavy bleeding is not normal.
Unread 09-28-2012, 04:12 AM

ditto with everyone else. It could be that you hadn't been using the vagifem long enough and your cuff tore or something. Definitely be seen.
Unread 10-17-2012, 12:52 PM

Hi Everyone,
Thank you so much for your posts. My doctor said that I have a very mild vagina atrophy and that it will take a while for the vagifem to work.

I'm seeing a gynocologist at the end of October because I need additional information. I think it may be that my vagina has shortened. Has anyone experienced a shortening of the vagina and does it stretch?

thanks everyone
Unread 10-30-2012, 02:47 PM

Hi Everyone,
An update hoping it may help someone else. My appointment with a gynecologist went well. After an examination the gynecologist cannot see any problems and sent me for an ultrasound. He is suggesting that I had a tear and that caused the severe bleeding. Had to imagine that a tear would cause so much blood loss. He's suggesting that I start using vagifem and will prescribe premarin in pill form if I request them. What are your thoughts.
Unread 10-30-2012, 03:22 PM

the vagifem will take care of the vaginal atrophy. Why do you want the premarin after all this time? Are you having symptoms.
Unread 12-02-2012, 06:47 PM

No other symptoms. My vaginal atrophy is very severe and I'm thinking that premarin may help also. What are your thoughts?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register