One week to go - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

One week to go One week to go

Unread 01-30-2002, 09:57 AM
One week to go

Oh my gosh, are you sure you had the flu? After drinking that stuff it could have been that? I don't have to drink anything which I'm grateful for. I have a hard time swollowing anything yucky. The enema, they told me to buy at a drugstore. Geeze, I actually looked for a little while for the enemas while I was at Walmart, but I chickened out LOL. Didn't want to buy it there. I'll go to RiteAid later this week and get the perscriptions filled and grab it there where there aren't so many observers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2002, 03:33 PM
Getting ready

Jenny Lou,

I had my pre-op last week with my surgery (LAVH/BSO) scheduled for 2/11. My only prep is a suppository the night before, which the gave me. I'm so glad that I don't have to drink any of that nasty tasting stuff. Good luck and keep in touch.

Cindy
Unread 01-30-2002, 04:17 PM
One week to go

When I had my TVH in Sept 00, I used the betadine douche and the suppository. I'm having a BSO on 2/11 and I have to drink the gallon jug of "go lightly" -( who in the world came up with that name anyway??). I also have to go on a liquid diet starting on Saturday. Also have to take an anti nausa pill on Saturday and antibotics and laxitives on Sunday. I should be in great shape by the time I get out of Surgery on Monday, it will have been three full days since I had any solid food.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2002, 04:30 PM
One week to go

My surgery is scheduled for Friday, Feb 1st and I started my pre surgery prep today. Light meals (boneless skinless chicken or turkey or fish and clear liquids) for breakfast and lunch, dinner is all clear liquids only. Tomorrow it's clear liquids only all day until midnight then nothing at all. I will take Fleet Phospho-soda solution at 12 noon immediately following with 8oz of clear liquid. At 5pm I will take 3 Fleet Bisacodyl tablets. The morning of the surgery (at least one hour before leaving for the castle) I will use the Fleet Bisacodyl Enema.
My surgery was first scheduled for Jan 21st so I have gone through all of this before and it wasn't so awful. Even the enema! Maybe it's because I am so looking forward to beinig a Princess that anything that gets me closer to it is worth it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register