I am in a full blown panic.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am in a full blown panic.... I am in a full blown panic....

Unread 01-29-2002, 11:50 AM
I am in a full blown panic....

I have reread everything that I can read for the 100th time. I have tried to clean I have tried to get everything ready. I am trying to keep my mind off this. I just can't. I have thrown up, I have cried. I am sweating like a 300 # sumo wrestler. And to top it off the bladder test I thought was scheduled for tomorrow was actuall today. the nurse called about 3 hours later and asked why I didn't show up. I told her it wasn't until the 30th.. nope she said it was sceduled for today. I looked at my calander and sure enough it was for today. So on Thurs I have to go for the test then to the drs pre op then to the hospital pre op and then get my kids packed and out the door to spend the night w/ afriend. My husbands family leave papers won't be ready until they "think" thurs. Well he has to have them in before his last shift which is thurs. the lady that fills them out at DD office is on vacation. And I still haven't competely made up my mind about the ovaries. I have to decide that by Thurs. I don't think I will make it till thurs. I don't know if I can do this. I haven't ever felt like this. Why is this happening? I have xanax, but I don't know if I can take it. Dr's office is suppose to call me and tell me but they aen't great about returning phone calls.
I know it's normal to be scared, but I thought I was doing pretty good and then it hit me. Will this surgery make all the pain go away? what if I go thru this and find out that I still have the pains and problems, what if it's not my uterus but something else.
I know it can't be I have been to every other doctor, this has to be what it is. OMG see I am going crazy.
I gotta go clean the toilet.
THanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2002, 11:55 AM

Dr.'s advice always comes first. My experience was that I took the Xanax the whole week before. At my preop appt, they told me to take Xanax and my BP meds before I came to the hospital on surgery day.
Unread 01-29-2002, 11:57 AM

PS: Look for the posts for RavenManiac and you'll see someone who was really, really, really in meltdown pre-op. She came through like a champ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2002, 12:46 PM
I can't download chat...

I have been tryign for days. I need to chat. I want to chat. I called drs office again **** receptionist. Doesn't she know I am having a panic attack.. I ws nice to her, then I yelled at her. I begged her. Who does she think she is the littel twit. I don't even think she is old enough to hit puberty yet.
I have had my second shower, cleaned 2 toilets twice and my son is telling me to stay away from him that I already cleaned him. Thank you for being here. thanks you to the saint that made this site, thank you for letting me share my break down with you. I need to go do something. I need to call her back, maybe she isn't giving dr my messages. No if I call her back then she will be a snot and I will yell at her. so I need to go clean under the couch, the cat has never had a bath.
Unread 01-29-2002, 02:17 PM

HI,

I guess you truely are in a panic meltdown. I can't say as I blame you.

I had my surgery on Jan 16th. and I was going crazy. Or at least I felt like I was going crazy. It is horrible to have nothing but time on your hands to think.

It made me when you said your son told you to stay away from him that you already had cleaned him.

I came through this surgery just fine and so will you. You mentioned you were having your bladder tested? What is the bladder test for?

I know you are keeping busy by cleaning, and I really don't know what to say to get you to relax. All I can say is that I found the waiting the worst part of this whole experience. Now I am dealing with the boredom by coming here and posting to people.

Keep us informed as to what is going on.

Sparkler :muscle: Be strong and of good courage.
Unread 01-29-2002, 02:35 PM

Hi!

My surgery is Feb.4 and I understand how you feel now. I too am having the meltdown today. The waiting is really hard, but I know I will feel so much better when I am all healed and can do things that I have not been able to do in years. Think "Happy Thoughts", something that makes you happy or picture something relaxing in your mind. I too have the option of having ovaries out or left in, completely my choice. Still on the fence with that one. I try to keep myself busy. I have been taking care of a friend with a broken leg so that helps pass my time. You will do just fine with surgery and will soon be on the other side. You will be in thoughts!

Joan
aka...Chevy in Chat
Unread 01-29-2002, 02:47 PM
It is normal (so I have been told)

I too am a basket case -- I am scheduled for TAH/BSO on February 11th -- I have nested, cried, fussed, etc until about everyone around thinks I am crazy. Today I called my doctors office and they had the doctor on call phone me in an anxiety med (Buspar). I can take it up to 4 times per day -- I have only taken one so far but pray that it will at least take the edge off.
I get on the live chat at night and also check out these boards for new information -- they have both been VERY helpful!
I wish you the best of luck and hope that you too will get some relief to take the edge off.
Take care -- you are in our thoughts and prayers

Angie
Unread 01-29-2002, 02:55 PM
am in a full blown panic

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ostired)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I go inFriday morning,and I feel you. I am dealing with indifferently. I am not sleeping, and I keep getting these headaches. I am scared also. The last year has been "hellish", and I am afraid that I am never going to get back to being "me". My prayers are with you.

redstick
Unread 01-29-2002, 03:26 PM

Hey Oso.... Take a deep breath, it is all gonna work out ok. I hav en't been thru surgery yet, scheduled for uterus only 2/19 and think I will begin the panic phase the night before. I will be thinking about you each day until your trip to the castle. Remember that there are reasons why the surgery is needed, you will feel better. Try to keep focused on the here and now, don't project too far out. When you feel the anxiety catching you, stop everything and breath deeply through your nose, hold it for 8 counts, then slowly exhale through you mouth. Do this 3 cycles. It will really calm you. I have anxiety issues as well and have found that breathing does help. Light a candle and sit quietly. The work that needs to get done prior, will get done. Forget about the rest. My prayers are with you.
Unread 01-29-2002, 03:50 PM
I can relate oso

Oso,
My surgery is for the 8th, and it really hasn't hit me yet, but I am sure I will be going through what you are now after my pre-op on the 1st. My problem is that I am looking at everything that needs to be cleaned and I just can't seem to get started. I am trying to get my husband to paint my bedroom which desparately needs it, but no go yet. I will probably go into panic cleaning mode next week and paint it myself. I have my stash of Xanax too, and will utilize it well or I will chicken out. I have a giant uterus, and really know I can't wait any longer, but it is still tempting to put it off.

I agree, I am so thankful for this site. Sorry you are having trouble downloading the chat. Were you able to download Instant Messenger okay?

Email me anytime. [email protected] I am on here alot.

Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register