Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2012 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2012

Unread 10-01-2012, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2012

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 01-Oct 07,2012 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 01-Oct 07,2012

Sisters!

to your Recovery Progress Post Op Forum. You made it!
This forum has been set up as a place where you can share your recovery with other sisters who have had their surgery the same week as you.

Raven1964 and I are Sunshine Sisters. We will be checking in daily to help in any way we can with your recovery journey. We are not professionals, just sisters like you who are just a little further along with our recovery. I remember how much this site helped me after my surgery and I want to give back.
It will be to help you navigate this site, answer questions, give some advice or just be here to support you.

In these early days, it's important to
Walk a bit

Drink plenty of water

Get some rest and

Don't forget to

I look forward to sharing this journey with you.

Unread 10-02-2012, 05:19 AM

I had my procedure yesterday. It was harder than my doctor thought it would be since my uterus had enlarged so much. It was up to my belly button and expanded on both sides to fill up my entire pelvic cavity. I had a midline incision and they still had to cut it out in pieces. The doctor also had to give me a unit of blood and accidentally lacerated my bladder while sectioning it oput.

So I've bee up since 5 and I'm feeling pretty good. I'm sitting up on a chair right now waiting for them to come in and FEED ME and to pull out my catheter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-02-2012, 05:51 AM

Im feeling good, took cath out yesterday, iv out this morning, peeing and walking the halls can even put on my own socks and sit cross legged. They said it went well laproscopic no significant adhesions, i had two csections so was concerened about that complicating things. Uterus 470 grams so not too huge. I feel so much better than I did having c sections, this laproscopic stuff is the bomb. Iv tylenol and motrin, going home I think with percs hoping I dont need them. Did throw up after general but dont remember it thanks to the versed and being so out of it. Sore throat yesterday and nausea but should be good with breakfast and then going home. A little vag bleeding nothing big, just panty liner and my own undies, hate those hospital undies. Hope it stays this way, kind of waiting for the pain to come, cant believe it. I even slept on my side!! Horrible dry mouth yesterday that was awful.
Unread 10-02-2012, 06:11 AM

Just saw the Dr. I will have to have the cath for 10 days while my bladder heals. Lost an ovary because of the circulation. She showed me photos of my utuers and fibroids. Thinks it was easily over 500 grams.
Unread 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM

I am finally able to focus my eyes briefly. I will have to write more later. Sadly Dvh didn't work for me and it was a vertical lap. Owwwwww pain.
Unread 10-02-2012, 11:53 AM

Had my surgery yesterday and am in a ton of pain. The block they gave me to numb my abdomen didnt work. I can't seem to focus on anything and just want to sleep.
Unread 10-02-2012, 04:40 PM

had procedure at 10 am. cath is out. peeing on own. gas pains horrible by my collar bone. will be leaving in am.more to come
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM

Still here. Have staples up my midsection like a deranged zipper. Now have a low grade temperature. JOY.
Unread 10-02-2012, 07:38 PM

I had mine on the1st. It was a incension right where I had my c sections. He said my uterus was wrapped in scar tissue and it was stuck together. He found a little ball of endometriosis. He was able to save my overies and cervix. I hope that's a good thing. I was able to sit in a chair last night. Walked around today, per'd and passed gas. I had a drain in my incension and they took me off that and off my IV today. Having a little gas pains. I get to go home tomorrow. So that about sums things up for now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register