6 month check up today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 month check up today 6 month check up today

Unread 01-29-2002, 05:42 PM
6 month check up today

I had my 6 month follow-up today .. I was all prepared for a full pelvic exam and pap... but the dr didnt do any of that ... for that I was glad...lol...
The day started out pretty rough.. our cat ( my baby) was run over this morning... and I just cried and cried.. and blamed mother in law .... ( thats a whole different story..) ended up apoligizing to hubby because I seem to always be complaining about his mother.. was upset because diet is not going well... didnt feel good.. by the time I was showered and dressed for dr appt. I felt like I needed a nap and was short of breath..... well when I finally was able to see the dr.. he said the appt was just to check on my mental state.. and well being... He was worried about me getting depressed.. He said it was common when you are finally finished with all the treatments... Just him telling me that made me feel better... Seems like when there is a name for what you are feeling you feel better... I was beginning to feel like I was going crazy... He gave me some Zoloft... I have mixed feelings about taking it... but right now I think I will try anything... He still says a resounding NO to taking hrt... but I could try some of the herbal womens menopausal tablets that are otc.... so I bought some... hoping that the overwhelming fatigue that has been so persistant in my day to day life will go away... I am so tired of being so tired... does that make any sense ??? They did the CA-125 test but I dont know when I will know the results...I go back in 3 months... with a CT scan in 2 months... that is much better than having to see a dr every week like I have had to for the most part of the last 4 or 5 months...
Oh well I have just carried on and on...as usual.... thank you for letting me just talk and talk..... sometimes it helps.... Sondra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2002, 05:55 PM
6 month check up today

OH, SONDRA,

I'M SO SORRY ABOUT THE CAT. I'M A GREAT ANIMAL LOVER AND I CAN FULLY UNDERSTAND YOUR CRYING AND FEELING TERRIBLE.

I AM SOOO GLAD ABOUT YOUR APPOINTMENT THOUGH.
HAPPY ABOUT THAT!!

YES, PLEASE TAKE THE ANTI-DEPRESSANT, IT WILL HELP AND YOU
SEE THINGS IN A MUCH BETTER STATE OF MIND.

BIG S
Unread 01-29-2002, 06:10 PM
6 month check up today

Hi Sondra!!
I as well am very sorry about your cat, I am a cat owner and I know how special they are to us. Big Hugs for ya!!!

Glad to hear you had a good appointment, and its sounds like you have a great doctor, and how wonderful that he was checking on you to see how you were doing mentally. Thats a great doctor for sure.

I sure understand the fatigue you speak of. I can't believe how tired I am and yet I can't sleep well at night. I have my best sleeps right after work, even for an hour or so, and then of course that keeps me up at night. I am under a lot of stress right now with family illness, and I know thats adding to this feeling, but boy, I sure don't sleep or have the energy I had before my own illness so I really can relate to you saying that.

I think this stuff really does do a number on us mentally and of course that affects every aspect of our lives. So glad the doctor gave you something, and I hope it is a help to you Sondra!!

Keeping you in my prayers!!
Love and Hugs,
M. xoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2002, 09:16 PM
6 month check up today

Hi Sondra, first of all a big just to help you along the way. Mother in laws ( I am one ,hmmmmmmmm )

The fatigue, I still suffer from. I am soooooooo tired sometimes. My oncologist says it is quite normal to feel fatigued for a good while after treatments finish . I know that stress can also cause fatigue . I am currently taking COQ10 for energy and it seems to help as does a rest when needed

Anytime you need to talk and talk please come here we really dont mind you take care, much love always xx
Unread 02-02-2002, 09:30 PM
6 month check up today

{{Sondra}}

I'm so happy to hear your appointment went well, although I'm very sorry to hear about your cat, its so hard to loose a family pet. 's to you.

I know exactly what you mean by saying you're tired of being tired. Its so wonderful that after going through these treatments, its effective... BUT, boy oh boy can it take a toll on our bodies sometimes. Add to that not being able to take any HRT and yep, you can end up one tired gal.

I don't know of any sure fire way to handle it, I do know I try to get as much sleep during the week as possible just to get through work. However, most weekends I find myself sleeping a whole lot just to somehow regroup for the next week.

One thing I have noticed when I've actually made myself get up and do something energetic is that I feel much better afterwards. Vicious circle isn't it... you're too pooped to move but moving makes you feel better.

Anyway, I hope you'll soon be getting great news from your CA125 test. My results are normally available within a week so if you haven't heard by then, give the Dr a call and get the results, they have to understand you'll be anxiously awaiting them.

Best to you and please keep us posted on how the new meds are doing.

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 02-03-2002, 05:33 PM
6 month check up today

I am sooooooooo sorry about your cat , yet soooooooo glad that things are well.
Please know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers.....and wishing for only good news!
Valentina
Unread 02-03-2002, 08:03 PM
6 month check up today

{{{Sondra}}}

Just wanted to add my hugs. What a day you had! So sorry about your cat.

I'm glad the docs going to try to help you out. If I remember correctly, Zoloft can take a little while to get into your system, so it may be a while before you notice a lot of benefit from it. And I hope the OTC supplement helps you out with your energy. I didn't even have treatments, and I was tired just from my TAH for months.

Good luck! I hope you are on your way to feeling yourself again soon!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register