Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2012 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2012 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2012

Unread 10-08-2012, 04:00 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2012

If your hysterectomy was between Oct 08-Oct 14,2012 this is the place to post your progress during your hysterectomy recovery.

If you have a question about your recovery, please start a new thread to receive answers and support for your concerns instead of including the question in your update! There is information on how to start a new thread in this link: New Here? or you can use this link: Post a New Topic in the Post-Op forum.

Post how you are doing here when you are home and well enough to sit a few minutes at your computer.

We hope you are recovering well with plenty of rest and water and a bit of walking. Don't forget to pamper the princess!

How to use the Recovery Progress Reports thread:

• 1. This thread is for the purpose of sharing updates on your recovery as you heal from your hysterectomy.

• 2. Generally, ONE or TWO posts on this thread per member/per day is adequate to share your daily progress and to share encouragement with your surgery week Sisters.

• 3. Remember to start a new thread on the Post-Op message board to ask your questions.

• 4. The Progress Report threads will be moved at approximately 8 weeks post-op to the Date Club forum inside the HysterSisters clubhouse.

• 5. Remember all the love and support you got here as a pre-op member? Now it's YOUR turn to give back to the women in the Pre-Op Hysterectomy Support forum. Extend your hand and your hugs in replies to our pre-op ladies in waiting. This will complete our circle of women helping women!

• 6. You can also share support and experiences with post-op members in all phases of recovery in the Post-Op Hysterectomy Support forum by replying on the new threads they create.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Oct 08-Oct 14,2012

to all the new sisters. So glad you have found your way to hystersisters.I am a sunshine sister to help guide you along the way. Here you will find support as you go through your journey to recovery. As I went through my journey I found support and comfort from the other sisters who were going through the same experiences as me.

If you have not done so please read the checkpoints for week 1/2

Post your experiences, questions, concerns, support.As always if you are unsure of something never hesitate to call your doctor.
Remember to lots of fluids, get plenty of , take mini and above all follow your doctor's instructions.

Unread 10-08-2012, 06:40 PM

Hi Sisters,
After my TVH on Monday afternoon I'm feeling surprisingly okay!! The operation went well, i just had the padding and a catheter taken out and had a shower!! feel A bit uncomfortable, -like bad period pain, and a really sore Vagina, but have been taken off the morphine drip and am now taking pain relief orally, i hope you are all doing well, i was terrified before i came in to hospital, but now am just telling myself that each day i will feel a little bit better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM

Had surgery yesterday, stayed overnight and was home this early afternoon. At the hospital I just felt a lot of cramping and I was a pee machine with all the iv fluids.

Slept like crap at the hospital even with oral and iv meds. Got a few naps in tho and got one since I've been home too.. finally getting gassy, but I can't seem to push it out.

They ended up taking cervix, uterus, and fallopian tubes. Yes I don't feel 100% but I feel better than what I imagined.

Well best of healing sisters!
Unread 10-09-2012, 05:47 PM

Hello ladies! Had surgery yesterday morning and was home same afternoon. Would have been home even sooner but it took me a while to be able to urinate. Today has been a fog of napping, peeing, taking meds, and walking to try and relieve gas. Hope you are all doing well, we have made it to the other side!
Im so glad I didn't let my panic stop me from doing this. I was still having moments of sobbing until they wheeled me away from my husband and mother. But it's over now and I'm so glad. Especially since the DR told my husband that he sent off some biopsies bc what he thought were fibroids might actually have been adenomyomas.
Unread 10-09-2012, 07:05 PM

to you all for those that are feeling gassy some other sisters have used GasX to help ease the pain....walking will help move the gas through as well

So happy to see all you on this side.
Unread 10-09-2012, 11:44 PM

Just a hi to say I made it through. They ended up cutting me a bit
Unread 10-10-2012, 12:23 AM

Kia ora (kiwi greeting) sisters! Now that the hurdle of the operation is behind, a quick & smooth recovery is my new goal. Last night was quite restless with my blood pressure etc being checked every hour. One maybe two more nights in hospital, I have yet to go poos, which has never been a regular thing for me.

I'll update again soon
Unread 10-10-2012, 07:14 AM

Hi I'm finally checking in. Surgery was yesterday DvH took 3 hrs so until I was back in my room it was 4pm. I'm off the morphine pump, iv and cat, I too slept poorly. I'm lightheaded sitting up and walking some but they say it's normal. My goal is to Pee again, wash off and maybe nap before going home.

Glad we made it ladies!!
Unread 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM

Hi ladies!

I'm finally coherent enough to post! And still laying in hospital bed! Had the divinci on Tuesday at 130... Dx took my uterus, cervix and tubes ... Got to keep my ovaries. She did find endo.. Inside and out and scraped rest of it off as best she could. Suspected ando but won't know till lab results come back... I woke up in recovery in EXTREME PAIN!!! Nurse there was horrible and I kept hearing the 'forced exhale' as I asked for pain meds and ice chips! I have a very high pain tollerance and still am unsure exactly what happened. All I know was for several hours I was gripping on hand rails of my bed, gritting my teeth in pain and heavy breathing to control any sobs with tears running down my cheeks! When I asked for DH the nurse again exhaled and said in a minute... I had to ask several more times before she went and got him.... At one point a doctor walked by and asked nurse why I was crying and 'looked like that' - which I assume was not a good look.... She said , guess this one doesn't have much tolerance for pain! Can you believe that! The Dx said 'for Gods sake' give her more of this of that and don't let patients suffer like that! WTH!! I was totally besides myself! Still unsure exactly what happened... Finally got into my room where they were still trying to control my pain...pushed fluids, took cath out and I was drinking ice water by cup... Which needless to say made me get up and drag myself to bathroom. Nurses in room were great... Finally got pain under control... Could not keep any food or liquid down other that water!... So here I still sit... No sleep last night... A nod off here and there, but other than that.. Nada! Now if I can eat something for lunch... And keep it down... I can go home!!!

Still glad we all made it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register