Fleet? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-31-2002, 05:19 PM
Hi Sue

I had my surgery on Jan 7th also. Fleets the night before.

MJR23: Talk about early. I had to be at the castle at 6:00 on a Monday morning. Wheeled into surgery at 7:00.

Good luck, not that you need it. You'll be fine.

s
KD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2002, 07:47 PM
Early

That is really early, I know mine is not early, just how early I need to get up to take the enama then, I guess I can go back to bed for a while. You guys are lucky that you were able to take it a night.

Thanks loads for all your advice..

to be.
Unread 02-01-2002, 09:46 PM
Fleet?

Debeagle,

No, not everyone has orders for an enema. I don't. I started a thread on this topic on the post op board if you're interested. I guess we're just lucky!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2002, 06:41 AM
Fleet?

my surgery is scheduled for 2/4 and i have to drink some stuff at noon and at four take 4 little pills and before bed do the fleet. i am also on a liquid clear diet after noon on sunday so i guess i should be all cleared out....heather
Unread 02-02-2002, 07:11 AM
Fleet?

HI Heather,

You'll be fine doing the fleet. It all seems so scary, but really it will be easier than you think.

With my I had to wait till I got to the castle and the nurse gave me an enema. She used 2 litres of water. I couldn't beleive how much they used. I'm not sure but doing a fleet at home seemed would have been easier than having someone else do that to you.

I think we all have to have enemas with this surgery so don't feel bad about it. It is a collective experience.

Before you know it you'll be home recovering and getting a bit bored. Make sure you report how you are doing to us here on the hystersisiter site.

Sparkler :muscle: Be strong and of Good Courage!!
Unread 02-02-2002, 10:23 AM
Fleet?

My doc also had me use an enema prior to surgery; but I didn't eat a heavy meal the night before...sooooo, there wasn't much in there to come out!! It worked really fast for me, but each person is different. To be safe, it might help to give yourself 2 hours.... Lovely doc also had me use a betadine douche so I got to spew at both sites!! Good luck....let us know how you're doing and that we're all here for you !

Rebecca
Unread 02-02-2002, 11:20 AM
Fleet?

Another little tip for all you gals that have to do an enema...I made myself go to the bathroom before I did the enema. It sure helped. There wasn't a whole lot left to expel. I went some but it wasn't anything what I expected. I thought I would be on the toilet all night. It wasn't bad at all.

Best wishes for all you LIW

Unread 02-02-2002, 01:11 PM
to all who have to do bowel prep

If I can suggest something that really helped before my colonscopy......

Get the toilet paper that is moistened (almost like baby wipes). Your poor butt is so sore after going repeatedly, the moistened sheets really help.

I also had some preparation H to help numb that area - it's so irritated, that really makes your butt more comfortable.

Hope this helps

Carol

failed uterine ablation 8/97, TAH-BSO 10/15/01
adenomyosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts, very heavy bleeding

Please know that you will feel soooo much better!!!!!
Unread 02-02-2002, 07:37 PM
No bowel prep ordered...

Had my pre-op yesterday, and was a little surprised that my doc had no orders for bowel prep. I do have to do a half strength betadine douche the night before.

I think I'm just going to drink plenty of water, eat light starting mid-day Sunday, and very very light on Monday. And of course, nothing at all after midnight Monday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register