total lap assisted vaginal hyster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

total lap assisted vaginal hyster total lap assisted vaginal hyster

Unread 01-31-2002, 11:46 AM
total lap assisted vaginal hyster

Hello everyone!

I'm joining the sisterhood on the 13th of February. Decision took some time but I'm glad I finally made it. I'm a little scared though. Seeing the Dr. on Monday for pre-op and hopefully lots of questions answered. Can anyone tell me about recovery and what I should expect? What about natural vs. typical prescribed hormones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2002, 12:15 PM
WELCOME

HUGS to you and we are so glad that you have joined us.
I had an LAVH/RSO and bladder repair Sep last.My own personal opinion is that I am so so glad that my surgeon did it this way. If I had to choose the type of hyst again, it would be the same. I can honestly say that I had very little if any pain from the Hyst itself. I did have abit of backache after but that was kept well under control with pain meds. I did not need a morphine drip, just got a shot of it on leaving the theatre, after that it was just anti inflamortories and pain meds. I had no bleeding at all after, just a light discharge which lasted about 4 weeks. We all have different and individual surgeries and recoveries but most I think that have had LAVH's have been pleased. No external stitches etc to deal with, but remember there are heaps of internal stitches so you do have to rest well, not lift anything for the first few weeks.
As for Hormones, well can not help there too much as I have managed to retain my left ovary so no need for hormones, it is working very well. But I am sure there will be someone along soon who can help with that side of things. Good luck for your surgery, keep us posted on how it is all going, and to bide the time before surgery why not pop into chat and meet many more sisters. Hugs Vicki AKA Smilie
Unread 01-31-2002, 12:27 PM

Hello~

Just wanted to let you know I had a LAVH on Jan. 7th. I am feeling wonderful! I had a great experience...no real pain to speak of. My biggest complaint was the nausea. It was from one of the meds I was on. I did have a backache the first day after surgery. It was a dull lower backache...they told me in the hospital that that was normal. It was gone by the second day. I know everyone is different but I felt really good after having my hyst. I expected it to be a lot worse then it really was.

I wish you a smooth surgery and speedy recovery.

Monica
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2002, 06:18 AM

I suggest you search on this site using the little purple search button. You'll find loads of info. on LAVH and on recovery .

There are the pull down menus here, too. They are loaded with info.

My recovery has been uneventful. Not as hard as I expected, either. One of the keys to a good recovery is patience. Behave yourself and let your body heal. Ask for specifics from your dr. and use this site for more suggestions and ideas. Pick what applies and makes sense to you. If in doubt or needing more help on it, feel free to talk to your dr. or the nurse.

No big complaints in the back and neck pain dept. from the lap procedure. You hear about that so much, but none here.
Unread 02-03-2002, 06:13 PM
lap hyster preferred at Mt. Sinai

I'm so glad to hear that somebody has had a hyster by lap. The more I talk to md friends, the more I think this is what I want. But the doctor has to be technically terrific and accepting my insurance--POMCO.
Can anyone recommend someone and some place in New York?
Unread 02-03-2002, 07:49 PM

I t is good to see more sisters planning on a LAVH. I am scheduled for feb. 27 for a LAVH/BSO. I have really unjoyed hearing from those who are in recovery what it was like. It is making me more confident. I really trust my and her abiltiies. She teaches this procedure at the local med school.

Looking forward to again
Morgan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register