Rectum pain and more ..plz help | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectum pain and more ..plz help Rectum pain and more ..plz help

Unread 01-31-2002, 11:57 AM
Rectum pain and more ..plz help

I had my tah/bso done almost 4 weeks ago. Intially, I had pressure/pain in the vaginal/bottom area if I sat upright and slowly that got better, which I assumed was normal. I had a bm first day home from the hospital that was watery, and hurt some, but was grateful I wasn't constipated like I'd heard so much about. Well, then about a week ago, I had awful pressure in my bottom, couldn't sit up. I felt like I needed to have a bm, but it wouldn't budge. I tried mild remedies, nothing. I tried laxative, none. On the 6th night, I couldn't sleep the pressure was so horrible in my rectum and vagina. So I doubled the laxatives and spent all night in hades. I could feel the bulging from my rectum into my vagina to the point where it shut off my vagina. I tried to press in to help. Nothing. Just cramped and hurt. I would get up and try again. I guess from the laxatives, so much pressure built up, that it broke loose and I bleed about 1/4 cup in the toliet. My bottom hurt all night, and I went to the bathroom all night.
Now, everytime I need to have a bm, its hurt. I feel a constant pressure. I have very loose bowels today and yet I feel like I have 10 pounds of pressure in my rectum. No matter how soft my bowels are, it hurts. I can't hardly sit upright, and my vagina feels like its just full of pressure too.
I did talk to my gyn's office about this and they said if it happens again to call my GP.
What is wrong?!?!?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-31-2002, 03:32 PM

Charity, please call your GP if your GYN won't check you out especially since you had some bleeding. I think it might be hemmorhoids but I can't be sure. Your symptoms sound very much like mine although I did not bleed. I eventually had surgery for them some 8 weeks ago after much pain and suffering. Good luck to you and let us know what the doctor says...........

Emily (feeling your pain)
Unread 01-31-2002, 03:38 PM

Gosh...you poor thing. It is still really early in your healing process. Did they also do a rectocele repair? I would call the Dr. ASAP and ask to be looked at. Just for your own piece of mind. I had TVH, BSO but also rectocele repair and did have that feeling a lot during the healing process, and I had to make sure to take stool softeners and really drink a lot of liquids to keep things moving properly if you know what I mean, but please call the Dr.

Hope your are feeling better! Keep us posted please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2002, 03:03 AM

Charity,

I am so sorry to hear that you are having so much pain. If you are in that much pressure and pain, that doesn't sound like normal healing to me. Please do call your GP if your GYN won't check you out. I think that this is definitely something that should be checked by a doctor.

Sending lots of thoughts and ers. Please let us know how you are doing and what your doctor says.

s to you.
Unread 02-01-2002, 05:04 AM

Dear Charity,

Please get yourself to see a doc ASAP. You could have a blockage of some type, even tho you have been able to have limited BM's.

I hope you get some good answers SOON. I am sending huge cyberhugs
Unread 02-01-2002, 11:40 AM

Dear Charity,

I'm really concerned about your rectal bleeding and the great pressure you're feeling. You need to see a physician ASAP. If you can't get into your GP's office, please go to an Emergency Room. I won't speculate about what might be going on (I'm an RN) but this sounds like a problem that needs to be checked out NOW.

Even if it's nothing serious, you'll be much more comfortable if you don't wait. Please get your precious self to a doctor! Your Hystersisters care about you, and we don't want you to risk your health.

Seriously concerned,
princessh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register