a hug | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-31-2002, 10:35 PM
a hug

Girls , I am sitting here answering posts and I thought I needed to tell you, how all of you are so important to me. Not a day goes by without me thinking of you. I suppose I am feeling a little melancholy with Cyds resignation as hostess. We here at cancer concerns share an extra special bond and I just wanted to give you all a much love always x x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2002, 04:28 AM
a hug

And here's a back, Robyn. And here are some more 's for everyone else. This place has been very helpful to me over this past year (I can't believe my anniversary date is coming up). I couldn't have done it without everyone's help!

And here's an extra to Kathy for giving us all a place to call home.
Unread 02-01-2002, 05:09 AM
a hug

Let me jump on the band wagon.
I can't begin to imagine how lonely the past eight months would have been for me
without hyster sisters and cancer concerns! Family and friends are great, but
here, people truly understand your feelings, fears, anxieties and etc.
Not a day goes by when I don't visit this board at least twice. Kinda like checking
in at home. We are collectively one of the bravest, most courageous, sharing
group of women anywhere.

oxoxoxoxkarenann s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2002, 09:03 AM
a hug

Great thread Robyn.

I too wish to add my hugs to all you wonderful ladies!
I was actually just mentioning to Karen last week, that I didn't even look for info on ovarian cancer until after I finished my chemo, because I had an idea of what was out there in the world wide web, and alot of it is misinformation and very scary, so for 2 weeks after I finished chemo I "lurked" here.....and saw what a wonderful caring site this was, and I posted my first post. Within minutes I had the most wonderful caring replies, and I knew I had found a place where what I was feeling and going through was felt by others, and that I was not at all alone with this battle.

That was one year ago, and I have visited everyday since, and like Karen I feel this is like checking in at home, and you are all very special to me.

Its truly sad that it was cancer which brought us together, but the fact remains that it did bring us all together, and I firmly believe all our lives are more enriched for this. And I know we have all grown and become stronger because of this. I feel I have made many lifelong friendships here, and I treasure each and every one of you!!!

There really is a special bond here that someone who hasn't been down this road, may not understand. But the caring and sharing that happens here benefits us all on a daily basis!!
God bless and keep you all healthy and happy!!
Hugs and kisses to you all!!
M. xoxoxo
Unread 02-01-2002, 02:43 PM
a hug

I have to say "ditto" to everything that has already been said. I don't post that often, but I am here everyday reading the posts and feeling the compassion that each of you ladies has; for those of us who are preparing for the unknown and those that are going down the road.

I would just like to say "thank you all" for your compassion, understanding and for just being there to listen to our fears when we feel like our family can't take our fretting anymore.

janet
Unread 02-01-2002, 09:35 PM
a hug

OH BOY!!!!!
A big ditto from me!!!!
I attribute the fact that I remained somewhat sane during my ordeal is because of this website. Like Maria, I could not bear to look up information, because I was too afraid.
When I finally had the guts to sit at my computer I had begun my radiation treatments. Thank God I stumbled among this site.
I was sooooooooo afraid. I immediately found comfort.
Thankyou and to all!
Valentina
Unread 02-03-2002, 05:20 PM
a hug

Isnt it amazing how contagious a hug can be... I havent figured out all the nice graphics ... but I too want to join in this big HUG..... This site has been a god send for me... I also am here every day ... maybe not posting but reading all the posts. sometimes I cry along and then there are times I laugh also... not only have I gleaned some valuable info on cancer and treatments.. but I have learned my fairy name... and learned which commercials are special to different ones... thank you all ladies for your concern and comfort ... I just wish I had found this site before my surgery... but better late than never....:-)
Sondra
Unread 02-05-2002, 01:05 AM
{{{Hugs to all}}}

So many times I have felt {and even posted a few times} that cancer was a gift God gave me. It led me here, to all these open arms filled with love.

I was always very healthy, so cancer gave me a profound understanding of those less fortunate. I was just marching in place...going to work, running errands....going about the business of life without the pauses of appreciation many times. Cancer gave me pauses for appreciation. A much needed rest in many ways.

My husband and I care for my handicapped mom in our home. There were very few moments of idle time. There is always something to do. Cancer gave me a break. I couldn`t do anything physical. And I didn`t have need to have any guilt about not doing anything, either.

Cancer was such a blessing to me in so many ways! It`s ok for me to serve scrambled eggs for dinner now. It`s ok to let the sheets go an extra day if I am tired. That dust on the tables now? I just write 'HI' as I walk by...and I smile. I used to be the most fastidious housekeeper...what a stress that was that I don`t have anymore! I get to it....I just don`t obsess about it anymore.

Ahhh....yes. God loved me so much that He gave me cancer so I could learn to let go some. Oh...and I buy the expensive coffee now. I figure why save everything for retirement? I feel like I came close to not making it that far, so I am kicking up my heels now.

But most of all....cancer gave me a chance to feel the love of those around me. I really was a Princess for awhile. I am grateful to be getting my health back, but I will never forget the outpouring of love and help I received from everyone, including my sisters here.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 02-05-2002, 06:10 PM
a hug

I just wanted to jump in here and say many, many thanks for your words of encouragement and caring that cannot be found anywhere else! Cancer does change you....and I think for the good in most cases!!!! I want to publicly thank Kaatie for being there when I thought my world would end and I had no one else to talk to. I went in the chat room one evening after I was told I needed to get off the estrogen that was given to me right after surgery (pathology reports came back a month later saying the tumor was positive for progesterone receptors). I thought I would just dry up!!!! But Kaatie was there, reassuring me that things would be all right. And she was right!!!! You all are the best!

and an extra one for Kaatie
Unread 02-05-2002, 08:08 PM
a hug

Awww Margie....thanks sweetie. I am so glad I could help you. I am now over one year without hormones and doing pretty good. If you ever need any ideas about supplements, encouragement, or just want to vent or need a hug...come get me, ok? On AIM and AOL I am kaatie614 and I will be happy to hear from you. Or you can email me if you don`t see me online and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

And big `s back at you!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register