Recipe for Success | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recipe for Success Recipe for Success

Unread 02-01-2002, 08:27 AM
Recipe for Success

Hi Gals!

I just wanted to share this little recipe given to me by the nurse at my doctor's office. I was having problems "going" after surgery and was wary of starting on chemical laxatives. I was quite regular before my female problems started and didn't use laxatives at all, so the thought of getting hooked on these was a scary one.

Mix 1 cup applesauce, 1 cup all bran cereal, and 1 cup unsweetened prune juice (sweetened applesauce makes this sweet enough & unsweetened prune juice is still quite sweet!).
Store in refridge overnight and let cereal absorb juices.

Consume 2 tablespoons daily.
Mixture looks awful, but doesn't taste all that bad (this all depends on individual tastes, of course) Sometimes we'll do almost anything though to get a certain part of our bodies running smoothly!!

I love this mixed in Cream of Wheat and it's pretty good in oatmeal too, but experiment to see what you like.

A word of CAUTION though... while some people may find this doesn't work, others may find it works TO WELL I used this everyday for a week and totally eliminated the constipation and hard stool problem, but the effectiveness did catch up with me (at Walmart, to be exact) and I'm going to try every 2nd or 3rd day for a while and see how that works.

Best of luck Ladies!

Love,
Rachel (aka Loopy), rincess: since TAH 1/17/02, so far so good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2002, 10:31 AM
Recipe for Success

Hi Rachel,
This sounds like it would be much better to take than the traditional laxatives, and much healthier as well.

I have a real problem with prune juice though...Oh..they tried to get me to drink that in the hospital and I just couldn't do it. But mixed with the applesauce and bran, it may be hidden enough to not really taste it.

I see you are a newly crowned Princess! I hope your recovery is going well, and you are getting lots of rest, and being pampered as you should be!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 02-02-2002, 02:21 PM
Recipe for Success

Thank you for this recipe. It is always nice to have things that are not chemically related.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2002, 09:05 AM
Recipe for Success

Actually sounds yummy to me, I wrote this one down.

Y'know, good old Graham Crackers and milk. Try using about 5 whole crakers. I use 1% or 2% milk. If you have a lactose intolerance problem...just eat the nice graham crackers and drink lots of water.

In England graham biscuits are known as
*digestives*. It is even written on the cookie itself. HA! I learned *why*...

NoNoLoLola

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register