Things to look forward too. - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Things to look forward too. Things to look forward too.

Unread 10-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Re: Things to look forward too.

Oops I meant loons earlier... and Ceri to add to that having to role stupid cheap paper (movie theatre bathroom) and it rips every three squares while ur trying to create a diaper. Ahaaaaa!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2012, 04:34 PM

No more sitting on a beach with shorts over my swimsuit wishing I could go in the sea.
No more ruined holidays.
Plenty of good old "conjugals"..😉
Unread 10-30-2012, 05:05 PM

and don't forget that no more hoodie tied around your waist when it is 90 degrees to hide your "accident"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-30-2012, 06:01 PM

I agree with everything here! I was a bit peeved when we were able to go in vacation twice this year (once on my first ever cruise) and both times I either started or was finishing my period during both trips. The second trip was cross country by plane for my sister in laws wedding and I almost didn't get to go because I was supposed to be on my heavy days when we were flying. No way I would have made it! Lucking Aunt Flo came to visit a few days early so I was able to make it but man it sucked traveling even on some of my medium flow days and trying not to bleed on the sheets in the guest room at the in laws. Oh and everyone wanting to go to the beach and me not being able to go and making up some excuse about why I was fine to stay home alone while everyone else went.

I am looking forward to being able to not be stuck in the house for 2-3 days every 4 weeks because I have to change every 45 mins due to excessive bleeding and clots.

I am looking forward to getting some energy back after my anemia (hopefully) goes away.

I am looking forward to being able to buy pants that aren't black

I am looking forward to buying new sheets and not worrying about how long it will be before they too get blood stains. Same goes for undies.

I am looking forward to not sleeping on a towel several days a month.

I am looking forward to using much less toilet paper.

I am looking forward to having sex whenever I want and not having to argue with my husband about wearing a condom, or not being able to because I'm bleeding or spotting.

I am looking forward to being able to sleep through the night every single night. And not worrying about whether I'm going to leave a blood trail to the bathroom if I slept longer than 2or 3 hours in a row during my period.
Unread 10-30-2012, 09:39 PM

Oh jlovesd the dreadful towel! No more!

No more standing because you are afraid to sit on furniture for fear of destroying it.

No more using market bags as car seat covers.
Unread 10-31-2012, 03:38 AM

Im adding another...

Laying in bed after an extremely long day watching tv and finally feeling relaxed and sleepy and u spring awake as soon as u feel the ooze trying to save bed and on the way to bathroom trying to kick off your pants and grab the peroxide to save yet another pair of pjs... having to hop in shower to clean up (thank goodness I keep extras in bathroom) and now wide awake at 2:30 am SERIOUSLY!!!! SCREW YOU FLO! YOUR MISERABLE DAYS ARE NUMBERED!
Unread 10-31-2012, 07:10 AM

I am loving these!
Unread 10-31-2012, 07:25 AM

My favorite look forward it being able to just for a trip and not packing 6 bags just for me.....seriously when is a 28 year old packing more stuff than the Brady bunch kids
Unread 10-31-2012, 07:34 AM

I am looking forward to soooooooo much but one thing that comes to mind is not waking up in the middle of the night feeling wet and having to take a shower to clean up, wake up hubby to change the bed and then being awake the rest of the night not able to get back to sleep!!!
Unread 10-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Things to look forward too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom1221 View Post
For me no more bladder control issues due to prolapse
No more prolapse!!

No more breathing problems associated with my anemia
No more anemia induced heart palpitations.
No more anemia!!
No more iron pills
No more sick stomach due to iron pills
No more dark circles under eyes and pale face due to anemia
No more being too tired to do anything!
No more dysplasia
No more pap smears
No more cone biopsies!!!! They Hurt!
No more walking to mailbox in fear of pathology reports from your pap
No more fibroids
No more irregular periods that go on and on and ooooonnnnnnn!!!
No more planning vacations,mtrips etc around aunt flo even though you know she'll come the day of your trip anyway!!!!

There's lots lots more!!! And those re just my OWN that weren't already listed!!!!!! Bit I'm so glad I finally had this done. This really helped as I was feeling depressed about some minor bumps along this road and now I see it really is worth it!!!! The smal negatives will work out with some patience and seeing these positives really has helped me!!! Thank you for this thread!
NO MORE PILLS!!!!I agree! Iron supplements, pain pills, depression meds all caused by having to spend my 31st birthday which was on a Saturday might i add, stuck in bed wearing adult diapers and in pain!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register