Can you damage your insides if you strain during a BM? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can you damage your insides if you strain during a BM? Can you damage your insides if you strain during a BM?

Unread 11-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Can you damage your insides if you strain during a BM?

I had only a very faint pink discharge before I strained a bit after a BM Thursday and ever since, I've had more spotting and some light bleeding. Did I do damage that might need fixed even surgically? I was at the ER Friday and had the vaginal cuff looked at and it was fine, and saw my regular OB today who examined me and said the vaginal cuff area looked fine and he saw a tiny amount of blood, he wouldn't have noticed had he not been looking for it.

If I would have damaged something would it have been the vaginal cuff or could I have messed with another stitch internally that needs fixed?

Both doctors seemed to think I was okay based on their exams.

Has anyone had the bleeding happen after a BM?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-05-2012, 03:51 PM
Re: Can you damage your insides if you strain during a BM?

I worried about the same thing and thought BM caused the spotting. Now in the beginning of my sixth week today and just quit spotting today. My oncologist said to expect bleeding for at least four weeks. He said that as the stitches desolve it is very common to spot. It is likely a coincidence that the bleeding happened to start after the BM. Over the last few weeks I have worried about so many things and none of them happened. Since your doctor said everything was fine I would trust his/her opinion. I wish you all the best while recovering.
Unread 11-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Re: Can you damage your insides if you strain during a BM?

Thank you so much for your reply, it is soothing and very reassuring.

Yes, my mind is going a million miles a minute worrying about things. I honestly would go out of my mind if it wasn't for my mother! lol I am staying with my parents during recovery. My boyfriend/fiance is in Europe on business for two months and since my parents live two miles from us, this is exactly where I went so my mom is calming me down some, she has been through the same thing, even had endometriosis as well. Her hysto was 25 years ago but she remembers bleeding a full 4 weeks.

Was your spotting continuous? Was it there when you wiped more times than not?

My gynecologist/oncologist is a wonderful surgeon with a wonderful personality. However, I almost feel like since my cyst was benign (thank God) he is kind of 'through' with me if that makes sense. I call and have to deal with his nurse first and haven't even seen or talked to him since the surgery/discharge. I get my staples out Friday and won't even see him and apparently might not even see him at my 4 and 6 week according to his assistant. At least my regular gyno is wonderful which is why I went to see him today.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register