4th Feb... 4Margie | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4th Feb... 4Margie 4th Feb... 4Margie

Unread 02-03-2002, 11:49 AM
4th Feb... 4Margie

4Margie is having a bone density done as well as pap/checkup

Margie, I hope all goes well for you today Dont forget we will all be thinking of you . love always
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2002, 01:44 PM
4th Feb... 4Margie

Good luck, Margie! I hope all goes well.

Unread 02-03-2002, 02:23 PM
4th Feb... 4Margie

Best of luck Margie, my prayers are with you.

janet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-03-2002, 03:22 PM
4th Feb... 4Margie

Good luck Margie with your checkup up and bone density test.
Let us know how things go when you can.
Keeping you in my prayers for good results!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 02-03-2002, 05:01 PM
4th Feb... 4Margie

Adding my best wishes too....
Unread 02-03-2002, 05:36 PM
4th Feb... 4Margie

GOOD LUCK......4MARGIE.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Valentina
Unread 02-03-2002, 08:12 PM
4th Feb... 4Margie

{{Margie}}

Sending you many well wishes for your appointment and testing tomorrow. May you receive only great news!!!!

{{hugs}}

Vicki
Unread 02-04-2002, 05:57 PM
Thanks!!!!!

Thanks, everybody.....you're all the best!!!!

I had my bone density test 12/26/01 and found out that I have osteopenia...thinning of the bone. So I have to keep taking my calcium and exercise, exercise, exercise:jumping:!!!!

I made a boo-boo! My gyn-oncologist three month check up is Friday, the 8th!!! Hold those thoughts and prayers. I hope all goes well too. I'm feeling little aches and pains and have to shove them out of my mind....does anyone else go though the same thing when a check up is due????

The encouragement you give to all is wonderful. God bless each of you!!!!!
Unread 02-04-2002, 07:23 PM
4th Feb... 4Margie

Margie!!!
Well....so you are a member of the osteopenia club too eh??? There are a couple of us here that have that as well. I am on Actonel for it, as well as 1500 mg. of Calcium +D daily, and I am suppose to be walking 20 min. a day..which I try to do, but I was never much of a walker. I have a treadmill so trying to do that 4 or 5 times a week.

Did the doctor say anything about putting you on one of the bone building drugs?
The wait for check ups is hard, and I think we can all relate to that feeling. I just hate them. Mine is coming up on March 1st, and its my first since I started the 4 month checks......I think they are getting easier..but they are still a worry, no doubt about it.

Keeping good thoughts and prayers for the 8th for ya Margie!!
Hugs
Maria
Unread 02-05-2002, 05:48 PM
4th Feb... 4Margie

Maria,
My doctor recommended the calcium and exercise and said we would do another bone density in a year and see what happens. I have heard that some bone density results are described in percentages of loss but mine was described "statistically" with "Z -scores" and "T-scores". I don't know the severity of the loss based on this way of reporting and will ask the doctor Friday if he can help me read it.

I have been on Synthroid for 22 years and was warned by my endocrinologist that this medication actually can prevent calcium from being used properly by the body, so I am assuming my bones started thinning before my hyst in May. No matter, I still have to take care of it!

I'll let you know how things go on Friday.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register