could this be vaginal dryness? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

could this be vaginal dryness? could this be vaginal dryness?

Unread 11-14-2012, 02:31 PM
could this be vaginal dryness?

ok, i went to the dr for what i thought was a yeast infection..i have had A TON of them..she called and said its not any of the vaginal infections?? wondering if this could be vaginal dryness?? had a hysterctomy in 03 and since then have had alot of yeast infections? this feels JUST LIKE A yeast infection?? its so itchy it burns and there is a small amount of white discharge?? can vaginal dryness cause this?? my mom recommended vitiam E for the pain i am feeling and for some reason i used it and it seemed to help a little??? i have another appt with my dr fri to do some more tests im very concerend bc everytime i thought i had a yeast infection it came back positive and now this time it feels the exact same way and its not???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
Re: please help!

It could be. Do talk with your doctor and ask the question.
Unread 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM
Re: could this be vaginal dryness?

I had a similar issue. It felt like a yeast infection that would not go away.

Vaginal estrogen made it go away.

It's worth trying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2012, 07:36 AM

same here.
Unread 11-15-2012, 07:48 AM

did you have a white discharge as well?? i have taken 3 diflucan and its still there although a little better today..i keep using vitiam E that seems to take some of the discomfort away..going to my gyn tomorrow for what i assume will be some more tests to see what the heck this is..im so fustrated at this point!
Unread 11-15-2012, 08:16 AM

Yes, I did. I'd never had a yeast infection in my life, so was very surprised to see this. Had the itching too. Just felt raw. Had had a tiny bit of bleeding with sex previously as well. Had been having UTIs too. Prior to this I'd had one UTI my whole life.
Nothing seemed to help it, so mostly out of frustration tried the vagifem and Voilà!
I didn't realize how really uncomfortable I'd become until I got the relief.
Unread 11-16-2012, 11:22 AM

well update on my yeast infection...seems they didnt put it inder the microscope ...UGH!! went back in this morning she retested and IT IS A YEAST infection!! UGH! so she called in something stronger than diflucanhoping this does the trick!!! because its still bad even after 4 diflucan.
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM

I too have had issues with yeast infections since my hysterectomy. But have also had vaginal dryness issues and after being on vagifem for several weeks, my symptoms improved. It was a vicious cycle until I got on vagifem. Boric acid capsules worked to finally kill my yeast but it's no fun until you get the balance back. Good luck!!
Unread 11-16-2012, 12:05 PM

Did you inquire about vaginal estrogen? Low E and high E can both be the trigger for yeast infections and this could explain why they keep coming back.
Unread 11-17-2012, 08:15 AM

no i didnt,she reran the test and said MY GOD you have a TON of yeast..ugh!! she gave me new meds to clear it up..right now i just want this UGLY thing gone,im going back tuesday and i will mention it to her.she said sometimes endo can flare up yeast,and also said its can be a sign of diabetes.my father has recently been dianoised with it so i am going to be tested bc there HAS to be a underlying issus as to why i am getting these so often!!! thanks for the advice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register