Dr appt today.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dr appt today.... Dr appt today....

Unread 02-04-2002, 04:40 PM
Dr appt today....

I thought I would let you guys know how my appointment went today since I have been telling ya all about my pain! I do have an infection in my vaginal cuff incision (whatever that means) which surprised me. He looked down in there after doing my exam (which hurt like heck) and said there was alot of green discharge around incision. Soooo, he gave me antibiotic for that. I told him all my recent symptoms other than the pain. His thoughts on my anxiety/panic attacks were I was having them in fear that my pain will never end. Odd twist but I suppose it makes sense. He thinks most the pain I am having now is nerve something (cant remember what he called it) and expects me to start feeling better in the next few weeks. He still thinks I should try the pain management doc on the 12th. This was confusing to me since he thought I would not have alot of pain from adhesions and was more concerned with the endo. ENDO??? I have never had a problem with this and was unaware I even had it until my surgery 5 weeks ago and NOW he is concerned about that after 3 surgeries??? I REEEEALLY dont get that at all. So he wants to do Lupron. I said not right now I had too much other pain making me feel bad right now and know that makes me feel like crap. He said when I decided to start we could do some HRT with it so I wont feel so bad..YAY! I think that is about it. I did not mention the fibro thing to him. I gave him a list of symptoms I was having and let him take it from there. Oh, he gave me some samples of paxil for the anxiety/panic thing...has anyone taken this? Anyone that has let me know what you think about it. I guess thats about it for now anyway. Thanks for the support!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2002, 05:38 PM
Dr appt today....

Renee,
Glad you got some results today. If I were you I would get my surgical report from the hospital. It might show you some things that the DR failed to tell you. I have tried paxil and HATED it. It made me gain 6 lbs in one week and my poor little breast hurt like you know what and I was extremely sleepy. I'm sure these side effects would have gone away or I could have gotten used to it in time. But I just couldn't handle it even though I only took it a very short while. Maybe a pain clinic would help you find out where your pain is coming from and help clear it up for you. I have seen alot of ladies on this road that have been helped by them. If not ask if he might refer you to another Gyn or go find a new one yourself.
Hugs and prayers,
Unread 02-05-2002, 11:19 AM
I was a paxil drop out...

But this really is trial and error you know...so give it a good trial run before you dump it in the toilet (usually 4-6 weeks minium is considered a good trial run). So lay in there with it as long as you feel you can.

Zoloft is another good option for panic attacks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 09:35 AM
Dr appt today....

Renee:

Another good med for panic attacks is Celexa. I've been on it for over a year now and it has been a miracle in my life. I did not have to many side effects...just alittle diarreah and headache....after about 2-4 weeks went away and now I wouldn't change it.

In the beginning your body had to get use to the change in seritonin levels.....and that takes a few weeks. I notice a difference in how I felt within the first week.

Peace and Healing to you
Ness
Unread 02-06-2002, 03:53 PM
Dr appt today....

{{Renee}},
I had good results from Paxil, I was put on iy for Panic Attacks. At first it made me really sleepy but it got better after my body adjusted. Unfortunately for me my Dr decided to switch to Elavil for its pain relieving qualities. Good Luck, I hope it helps....
Unread 02-06-2002, 06:18 PM
Dr appt today....

Hello again

Sheri...I am also on elavil and have been for about 8 months now. It is one of the meds I take for pain also. I am not sure if I am going to stay on the paxil. He gave me samples for three weeks. I just started having the panic attacks in the past 4 weeks. Doc seems to think its from fear this pain will never end like I said in above post but I really dont know. Some people have said it may be hormone related. I am totally lost its all new to me!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register