Military Hospitals....anyone????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Military Hospitals....anyone????? Military Hospitals....anyone?????

Unread 02-04-2002, 03:43 PM
Military Hospitals....anyone?????

Hello all,
I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has dealt with a military hospital? I am stationed with my husband on Okinawa and have not heard many good things about the way the military hospitals operate....literally! Not here, but in general. I am feeling a little scared from all of the stories. I trust my doctor 100%! He is the first doctor who actually took a real interest in healing me. Not even civilian doctors did that!
Any info or advice would be VERY much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Beatle Bailey

((((BEATLEBAILEY))))
I am an Air Force Brat. I have seen my share of military hospitals. For the most part I was always treated well. My mom had her hyst (TAH) done in a military hospital and she is fine. Even in Civilan(sp) hospitals you get crapy service. I am glad that you found a dr. that would listen to you. It took a military dr. to do the same with my mom. I know there are a few sisters that have had hysts in military hospitals. Just today I was speaking to a sister in the chat room who had her hyst done in a military hospital. She is doing fine!!!! I would like to invite you to come and visit us in the chat room. That is where I have meet tons of sisters and have been able not only to get support but to give support as well.

PS.
I just love your nick name!!! When I saw it my stomach jumped to my head. You see, my late Father's name was Braxton Bailey and EVERYONE UNDER THE SUN called him Beatle Bailey.

Feel free to stop into chat or e-mail me.
God Bless,
AngRed1/ Angela AKA: Fleyitch71
Unread 02-04-2002, 05:04 PM

Hi BettleBailey,
I'm having TAH 2/14. I have total confidence. I've had other surgergies both in civilian and military hospitals. I actually found the military hospitals more attentive, however I was active duty at the time. This time I'm a dependent, hopefully there's no difference! I'm having my surgery in a new Naval Hospital so my expectations are pretty high. If you have any other questions, let me know. My thoughts are with you....
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2002, 03:07 PM
Thanks!

Thank you for your thoughts! I too am having my surgery done at a Naval Hospital. It seems that once the problem is "serious" then we get to go to the big castle.
I know everything will be fine, but if there is nothing for me to worry about then I won't feel normal!

xoxox
Unread 02-05-2002, 03:53 PM

Hi BeetleBailey,
Like the others that have replied I have had surgeries in both military and civilian hospitals and had good experiences with both. As a matter of fact when we were stationed in Virginia I could have seen a doctor off base but choose to remain being seen by the military doctors. We currently are stationed at Maxwell AFB and I will be having a LAVH on Feb. 13th at a civilian hospital and I am nervous about that. Good luck and I will be keeping you in my prayers.
Unread 02-05-2002, 05:55 PM

Hi BeetleBailey,

I have not had surgery in a military hospital, but we lived in OKinawa for 3 1/2 years. We lefted there in 1996. We have 5 kids so we spent a many a times at the hospital and we had good care while there. Okinawa is one place that we would go back to in a heartbeat. How long have you lived there? I wish you the best in your surgery and relax, things will be fine.

Denise H

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register