does any one else have this problem? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

does any one else have this problem? does any one else have this problem?

Unread 02-04-2002, 04:42 PM
does any one else have this problem?

My thirteen year old daughter thinks I'm insane, and doesn't how I could get so hooked on such a weird web site...... does any one else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2002, 04:45 PM

My husband wonders if I do anything else. Everytime he comes home here I am.
Tracy
Unread 02-04-2002, 05:00 PM
i know...

My Mom pretty much tells me that all the info is "not needed", SHE didn't have Any of those side effects i keep talking about, so naturally i won't either...yeah , uh-huh. Her hysterectomy was 23yrs ago...half the :alarm: she can't remember what she had for lunch the day before...i'm supposed to take her word for it?
:Hug:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-04-2002, 05:45 PM

YES, definately!

My husband thinks I should just do what ever my doc says and everything will be alright and I'm just going to worry myself to death if I keep studying about the procedure. I tell him that fear of the unknown is much greater than fear of the known and besides, I should know what is happening and what to expect from my body. My husband is a very kind, sensitive, gentle man but he and I see things differently in this case. I really appreciate this website and the support we can give each other. It's nice to hear that other women have the same problems and fears that I have.

Keep on posting and we'll support one another!
Unread 02-04-2002, 05:54 PM
13 year olds

It's not the site that is the problem. Has anyone else with a teenager see the transformation that they go through at age 13. At that age, anything and everything we do is weird, an embarrassment, or grosses them out. Having lived through 5- 13-year olds, there is hope on the other side!
Rose
Unread 02-04-2002, 05:56 PM

Im 2 years post op and doing fine but I always check this site out
because I'm bored. Maybe I should get a life!! lol
Unread 02-04-2002, 06:33 PM

MooCow,
RoseM is right. All 13 yr olds think their parents are weird, no matter what the parent tries to do. Besides, if this website gives you the comfort that you need, then don't worry about what your 13 yr old says about you. We try to teach our children to stand up for what they believe in - not to follow the flow of peers, etc...
We should practice what we preach !!

Dollie_o,
You do what you need to do to make yourself comfortable with what is going to happen to you. Men just can't understand. Unless, of course, it's surgery for them - they're all just huge babies! Unfortunately, most men still want to live in the stone age - thinking that women should just do what they are told.
WRONG ! We have the right to know about our bodies, what is going to happen to it, and ask as many questions as we want.

I know that my husband has felt very left out these past few weeks - but I also know that he really doesn't want to know about all this. Men just don't want to hear about women's female problems. Hubby also knows that I will stress out for a few weeks and research & absorb as much info as I can. But, once I have done this, I am able to relax because I feel comfortable with all my decisions and I know exactly what is going to happen to me. Some don't want to know anything - others want to know everything. Just decide which type of person you are & run with it.

Take care,
Dawn
Unread 02-04-2002, 06:34 PM

My 16 year-old son was reading over my shoulder and was joking with me about the site. He said, "Come on, Mom--you know it's all BS anyway." I pointed out that the thread was about enemas so it was actually H (human) S :-)
Unread 02-05-2002, 04:57 AM
my gang loves this site...

if Im on the net surfing through hystersisters it means im not freaking out on them!!!!!!
Unread 02-05-2002, 08:44 AM

My husband asks me how the sisters are doing every day now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register