Pre-op with Crohn's Disease | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op with Crohn's Disease Pre-op with Crohn's Disease

Unread 02-05-2002, 02:49 PM
Pre-op with Crohn's Disease

I have had Crohn's Disease for 30 years and a colostomy for 14 of those years. Have now been told I need a hysterectomy due to cysts, fibroids and unknown vaginal discharge. Is there anyone anywhere who is in my situation? Need support and am not sure where to turn.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2002, 03:13 PM

Hi butternut!

I don't have experience with Crohn's disease, but I, along with many of your fellow hystersisters have lots of experience we can share regarding our hysterectomies!

I trust you have discussed this at length with your DR, who would be the best person to consult regarding how to best participate in the process and healing of your upcoming hysterectomy. If you have not done so, I believe this will help put you at ease.

Please know that we are here for you; we're happy to lend support any time!

((((((HUGS)))))))
Unread 02-05-2002, 03:16 PM

Hi butternut!

You may want to try a search on 'crohn's' (purple button near top of page) I got several hits, but am not sure if these posts will be of any help for you or not. It looked like quite a few were from the 'Road Less Traveled' forum also, so you may want to try posting a question there as well. Good luck to you, I hope you find some information.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 06:49 AM

Thank you so much; you're right, I checked there are there are some sisters with similar info. I appreciate it!
Unread 02-22-2002, 04:19 PM
I just found out I might ahve crohns

I am so glad that I can accross your thread! I went to my preop yesterday and my doctor postponed my hyst. He thinks that I don't have endo as first thought, but that I might have crohns or soemthing else in my intestines.
I was so shocked. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it could be something there instead of with my female parts. I have been struggling with this since I started my period.
Does this sound normal that not one doctor I have seen has ever mentioned something might be wrong with my back side? I have had 5 surgeries and a child since 1994. Isn't there signs that would lead me to believe something would be wrong there? I am just really confused and don't know what to think!
Thanks for letting me rant!

Krista
Unread 03-15-2002, 11:42 AM
chron's disease

Krista: Just got a chance to check my email; this is my first day back at work after my surgery. Chron's disease usually has some very definite symptoms - loose stools, sometimes with blood, weight loss and unbearable pain. A colonoscopy and lower gi series is usually the best way to diagnose. In my case, the chron's disease is in remission, but my prior bowel surgeries caused so many adhesions,and I had a large cyst on my ovary, that my pelvis was a "disaster" (that was the surgeon's word!). I will be thinking of you and hope that everything works out. Please feel free to email me at any time with questions or comments. I would be happy to do whatever I can to help anyone with this painful combination of bowel and gyno problems.

Good luck; let me hear from you.

Evelyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register