Two weeks and counting! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two weeks and counting! Two weeks and counting!

Unread 02-06-2002, 10:18 AM
Two weeks and counting!

Hello, ladies!

First of all, let me say that this is a fabulous website and I am so glad I found it. The honesty and candid input is so helpful. It gives one a complete sense of what to expect, from best case to worst. Thank you ALL for the wonderful support and information.

I'm 45 and my surgery is scheduled for February 20. I will be having a TAH/BSO due to advanced endometriosis. Fortunately, I am one of those endo patients who has had relatively little pain the more advanced the disease has progressed. Strange disease, isn't it? Having been a relatively healthy woman all my life, the prospect of major surgery is a bit overwhelming, but for the most part, I'm OK with it. I think the HRT part is the most nerve-wracking. I guess I'll deal with it as it comes, one day at a time.

Again, thank you to everyone on Hyster Sisters for the marvelous gift you give to all of us LIW!

Blessings to all of you!

Michele Lee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 02:12 PM
Two weeks and counting!

Michele,
Thanks for your kind thoughts. HysterSisters is a source of support for so many. Your wait will soon be over............I know you will be a completely different gal once you go through recovery. Life does get better!
Unread 02-06-2002, 03:31 PM
Two weeks and counting!

Dear Michele!

This site is a wonderful source of support and information isn't it? I know my journey would have been much more difficult if not for the support of wonderful ladies like you! I wish you well in your surgery and recovery. Since HRT will be therapy you have opted, you may also want to visit the Hormone Jungle boards for some good information and support. Good Luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 04:42 PM
Two weeks and counting!

This is a wonderful web site and I to anm just two weeks and one day away from surgery! Feb. 21!! Nice to finde someone so close to my date!!! Hang in there, were just about done!! Lisa
Unread 02-06-2002, 06:34 PM
Two weeks and counting!

Michelle, I am Feb. 20th also. Too bad we don't live near each other, or we could ask to room together in the castle!!! That would be awesome!

I am having same problems.....severe endo, though I suffer terribly each month with period, and the endo has caused me other problems as well.

37 yr. old and can't wait!!!!

Take care and I will be thinking of you!
Unread 02-06-2002, 07:49 PM
Two weeks and counting!

Thank you, all of you, for the encouraging replies! Lisa and Reba...since our dates are together, let's plan to correspond and see how each of us is doing, and in so doing, encourage one another during our recovery time.

My thoughts and prayers are will ALL of the LIW and my thanks to the Princesses for sharing their stories.

:
Unread 02-06-2002, 08:05 PM
Two weeks and counting!

Sounds great Michelle !!!!!
Unread 02-06-2002, 09:23 PM
Two Weeks to go

Looks like we are in the same time frame. Mine is Feb 19..I am getting nervous now.I too am like you, have endo but haven't had the major problems like so many others..THIS time around that is. I've had it removed along with adhesions three times before..But Now the pain is down my hip and into my right lower back I just started my period today and thought woohooooo this is the last one I'll ever have..That's a great thought too. I am finding myself getting alittle weepy and emotional..the closer it gets to castle day. Are you others feeling that way too? Let me know how you are feeling Have u decided on anesthesia? I am still debating over epi with sedation or general..Love this sight too and am soooooo glad that my freind showed it to me..
Hugznluv
Unread 02-07-2002, 07:58 AM
Two weeks and counting!

Three people with in three days of each other, I think it would be great for the three of us to keep in touch to finde out how were doing!!! I myself in the last few days have been sad at times, had a couple of panic attacks, wondering if im going to get everything done that needs to be done??? But this is it and soon the pain will be a thing of the past and thats what keeps me going, I to am just a few days from the "last" period and that I will not miss at all!!!!!!!!!! keep intouch Lisa, Hang in there!!!!!!!
Unread 02-07-2002, 09:18 AM
Two weeks and counting!

Me too! I'm on 2/19, and have been told this two weeks is awful...I can't think of all; the things I have to do, buy, etc. I just want it to be over...I guess we all do. I keep thingink in the future - when can I do this or that..etc. My boyfriend is running his first Marathon on March 3 and I won't be able to go cheer him on. That depresses me a little...OK a LOT!

But, we'll all get through it and be just fine - as he keeps telling me - we'll be BETTER!

Good luck to all and thanks for the support!
:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register