I'm scared!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm scared!!!! I'm scared!!!!

Unread 02-06-2002, 11:14 AM
I'm scared!!!!

I'm 36yrs. old no children & will be having surgery on 2/28 just having uterus removed & maybe ovaries. Is anyone else this young?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 11:21 AM
Hi Bayelke

Im 35, will be 36 this month. Im having a TVH on Friday. I only have one ovary so they are hoping I will be able to keep it. I do have children, I started VERY early. My oldest Nate is 19, Joel is 15 and Ambyr is 13. Nate has a little girl, almost 8 months old. So im also a grammy!

I have had trouble all of my life after my period started, mostly just bleeding heavily, and ALOT of pain. It has just grown worse over the years.

Good luck to you in the future.

Tammie
Unread 02-06-2002, 11:28 AM
I'm scared!!!!

I'm 35 and will be having mine TAH/BSO done this summer - I also don't have kids but that was by choice (I had a tubal ligation done in 2000). My best friend had her hyster at 30.............
Best wishes to you and you are in my thoughts :X
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 11:42 AM
I'm scared!!!!

Hi bayelke,
I'm not as young as you; I'm 41, no kids. I have a 25-year-old stepson from my husband's first marriage. My husband and I decided long ago not to have kids.

Anyway, the real reason I'm responding is to tell you that all will be fine. I had a subtotal abdominal hysterectomy on 1/24 and I can honestly say that the waiting and fretting were the worst part. Don't get me wrong, there is some pain associated with the recovery, but certainly nothing you can't handle. Just do what your Dr and nurses tell you and you will be just fine. I'm almost 2-weeks post-surgery now and am doing very well.

I did a lot of research and was very comfortable with my decision. Do the research, ask a lot of questions and be comfortable with what you are doing. This is major surgery, so it's natural to be scared.

Good luck to you. Take care.

JuneBug
Unread 02-06-2002, 11:42 AM
I'm scared!!!!

I had a tubal in 2001 to stop the endodemetrios from growing, but decided not to have children as well. now I'm feeling a little guilty. My hubby is OK w/this.
Unread 02-06-2002, 11:45 AM
I'm scared!!!!

I am 28 and had my TAH on 12/28......I do have two kids ages 21 months and 3. I have seen girls on here around my age and younger even. Best wishes to you!!!
Unread 02-06-2002, 11:45 AM
I'm scared!!!!

I was just shy of 35 when I had my TAH/RSO.

If you look around on the boards I'm sure you will find plenty
of info & stories to put you a little more at ease. The women here
are great and very supportive.

If you need someone to email feel free to click on the link below.

s
Kim
Unread 02-06-2002, 11:50 AM
I'm scared!!!!

Im 31 years old, with one child and will be having surgery on 2/21,im scared,happy,depressed,etc. This is a GREAT site to be on, the people here are sooooooo helpful and nice!! Lisa
Unread 02-06-2002, 11:52 AM
I'm scared!!!!

I'm sorry bayelke, that you are having a hard time. Were you hoping to have children before your tubal?
Unread 02-06-2002, 02:52 PM
I'm scared!!!!

Hi I am 38 and no children. I had a TVH on 10/24 and am doing wonderful.

Kelly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register