I'm scared!!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm scared!!!! I'm scared!!!!

Unread 02-06-2002, 03:19 PM
Hi

I'm 32. I'm having a TVH on 2/15. I can't wait to get it overwith, but I'm scared and nervous too.
I hope all will be well with you and I'm sure you will come to the right decision for you!
Kelkie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 05:08 PM
your in my thoughts

Hi bayelke,
Just wanted to send you a little note, youll be fine you have meny sisters now for support. I was very young when I had my kids , my daughter was only 24, when she went in to have the same surgery as you . She is fine, I was 42, I stayed by her day and night till she was up on her feet. Well guess what the table turned 7 months ago I had a TAH/BSO guess who never left my side?
So I speak from both ends of the stick.
you will be fine Im sending my ANGELS to look after you, When you go home just take things real slow REST,REST,REST,

that is the most important thing for you to remember, take it easy sweetie, keep me posted

GOD BLESS
BIG HUGS
Unread 02-06-2002, 05:24 PM
I'm scared!!!!

Hi there...
I had my hysterectomy in November of 2001 when I was 28 years old. I was blessed in that I had my children at a fairly young age, but the childbearing process was the very thing that intensified the problems I had.
Having surgery *is* scary. Having this particular surgery though, is also very emotional for many women. Lots of feelings to deal with, plans to make, yadda, yadda. The one thing that truly frightned me was the *unknown* I was going to face. I have a much better time if I KNOW what's going to happen, that way my overactive imagination dosne't have a chance to go overboard on me! Plus, knowing what I was facing enabled me to gain knowledge and information pertaining to my specific situation, which I then was able to use to my benefit both in the hospital and at home during recovery. It worked out great, and the hospital staff commented on the *impressive knowledge* I had! Heehee...
Maybe that will help you as it did me. I am just one who likes to know the who's/what's/how's about what I'm dealing with, it makes it bearable for me!
You're not alone here, many many of us have 'been-there-done-that and now only remember how we felt and empathize with you, but are glad to offer any advice we have whenever you may need it.
Best of luck with surgery!
Love,
Ami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 05:56 PM
I'm scared!!!!

I am sure that you feel very young for this so do I. I am only 33 and am having TAH on Feb. 14 2002 I have a great doctor that assures me this is what I need and I know that he is right. The important thing is to have a future and it is even better to have one that is pain free.

Cathi
Unread 02-06-2002, 06:06 PM
I'm scared!!!!

37 yrs , 2 miscarriages, one foster son, and can't wait to get my TAH/BSO on 2/20 to end this nightmare !!!
Unread 02-06-2002, 06:06 PM
I Wish!

I finally had my total hysterectomy a week ago at age 39. I wish I had the opportunity to have been able to have my hysterectomy when I was in my early 30's. Many doctor's nowdays will not consider a hysterectomy. I have suffered debilitating periods for over 10 years, which has made me a poor canidate for working full-time. I also have no children, but looking into other options instead.

My goal, like many others is to finally balance those darn hormones, thus balance life!
Unread 02-06-2002, 06:11 PM
I'm scared!!!!

Hi,
I am 35 years old and on 1/29/ I had a TAH/SBO, I have 2 children 16 months, and 7 years old. I was very nervous about having this surgery, but I know that the in the long run it would be better for me, I have suffered from endo for 8 years .

The surgery went really well, and I am following my doctors orders and walking as much as I can, I have a hard time sitting up, it really bothers my incision, so I either lay down or walk.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Don't worry your going to be okay.

Ratchet

:HUGS:
Unread 02-06-2002, 06:59 PM
I'm scared!!!!

I'm 33, never had kids (I want 'em though!), but I wouldn't un-do my hysterectomy for *anything*. My quality of life is already improving since my surgery, and I'm only 3 weeks post-op

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Heidi
Unread 02-08-2002, 01:34 PM
I'm scared!!!!

sending you a big

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register