Hormone Therapy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hormone Therapy Hormone Therapy

Unread 02-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Hormone Therapy

Hi

I'm new to this forum. I'm a 35 year old female who had a full hysterectomy in June of 2000. My gyno put me HRT using premarin first and then estratest. Neither one was helpful. Both gave me more hotflashes than when I was off of them. I'm also experiencing a (complete) loss of libido, mood swings night sweats, and irritability. My gyno gave me a prescription for a cream which I apply vaginally that contains 5% testosterone. The cream worked in terms of my libido but gave me a severe amount of acne. So I stopped using the cream for now much to my husbands disappointment. So my dilema, does anybody have any suggestions on what hormone to try next? I am leaning toward a natural solution in the estrogen/progesterone area because of what I've been reading about the risks of cancer with the synthetic hormones. Does anybody have any suggestions on the libido issue too? Should I talk to my pharacist, maybe the dosage of testosterone just needs to be reduced to 3%? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Hormone Therapy

Janet there are quite a few HRT's out there and one of them surely is for you.
Testosterone is not the only thing that controls libido. Low levels of estrogen and progesterone also have a negative effect on libido. Both of the estrogen's you mentioned are synthetic and it could be that you are not going to be able to handle synthetic hormones. There are several biologically identical formulations though that you may be able to tolerate. Estrace (oral), vivelle, vivelle dot, climara (patches) and of course the compounded are all bio-identical to what your own body makes.

Here is a link that might help you understand why the bio might be better for you http://www.womensinternational.com/hormones_fs.html

Of course another great place to get info is our very own pulldown menu. You can find that here http://www.hormonejungle.com

Read some of that and come on back and ask away if you need to S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register