3 weeks post op and no Hormone replacement...yet | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > Hormone and Menopause Central

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post op and no Hormone replacement...yet 3 weeks post op and no Hormone replacement...yet

Unread 12-07-2012, 05:10 PM
3 weeks post op and no Hormone replacement...yet

It is three weeks ago today I had my surgery....everything was removed due to bad endometrosis and heavy bleeding. Before surgery the Dr said I would get a shot before leaving the hospital since he was removing the ovaries, but none was ordered even though it was brought to his attention. I forgot to mention it in my two week post op visit...but here is the funny thing, I have not had any hot flashes, no mood swings, no break downs, nothing. Should I be worried about that?

I am a very heavy set woman and I have read in a few articles that the body can pull estrogen needed from fatty deposits around the belly and hips. Maybe this is what is happening??? Anybody know anything about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Re: 3 weeks post op and no Hormone replacement...yet

Yes, estrogen is stored in the body and it could take weeks, months to notice any symptoms in some women.

I had symptoms immediately and was put on the vivelle dot patch. I had horrible hot flashes and sweats and could not sleep.

If you have any problems or symptoms let your doctor know.

Unread 12-08-2012, 12:24 PM

After doing some more reading and research, it seems pretty typical to not do HRT because of the endometriosis. The estrogen just feeds the endo cells. So it makes sense to not put my on hormones.

I will keep track of things and bring it up with my Doctor if needed in the future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2012, 01:25 AM

I don't feel alone now!!! I'm 3 weeks post op from having a TAH & I'm not taking a HRT(knock on wood) I'm a full figured woman myself!!! I pray we're the fortunate women that won't need HRT... I have the cancer gene so I'm trying to stay away from any HRT's... Continue eating healthy foods & plenty of water, maybe we'll be ok!!! Prayer changes things... Good Luck!!!
Unread 12-15-2012, 05:34 AM
3 weeks post op and no Hormone replacement...yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativeprincess3 View Post
It is three weeks ago today I had my surgery....everything was removed due to bad endometrosis and heavy bleeding. Before surgery the Dr said I would get a shot before leaving the hospital since he was removing the ovaries, but none was ordered even though it was brought to his attention. I forgot to mention it in my two week post op visit...but here is the funny thing, I have not had any hot flashes, no mood swings, no break downs, nothing. Should I be worried about that?

I am a very heavy set woman and I have read in a few articles that the body can pull estrogen needed from fatty deposits around the belly and hips. Maybe this is what is happening??? Anybody know anything about this?
Native princess -you have made my day - I also had a FAH overies tubes removed and I opted not to take the hormone patch - I had my surgery oct 23 and I am tall and muscular - and I have had no mood or hot flashes -
Unread 12-15-2012, 07:32 AM

So far so good. I have been extremely emotional the last couple of days, but I am sure everybody is after the tragedy in Newton CT. I can't even listen to the news. Hoping it is not just me?????
Unread 12-15-2012, 10:22 AM

I agree - that was so sad - innocent children gone
Unread 12-17-2012, 04:20 PM

my surgery is this friday, doing the LAVH/BSO...i also have the BRCA2 gene mutation and i am concerned with the hormones too...i posted a new topic about GNC products vs prescription. i am going to just play it by ear and see how i do first

my heart breaks for the families in newtown....
Unread 12-18-2012, 05:14 AM

Hi BetEln - let's all continue to encourage each other - I still am not in hormones and I think I made the right choice
Unread 12-18-2012, 11:48 PM

I had breast cancer with mastectomy and last chemo treatment in march 2012...chemo threw me onto a temporary menopause..since my cancer was estrogen/progesterone positive..I elected to have total Hyst with bil oophrectomy.on Dec 4, 2012. No HRT for me. Immediately worsened/peeked hot flashes, insomnia, mood swings., but it seems to be settling down now week 2 post op. I think my menopausal symptoms are lessening faster because my body was already deprived of normal levels of estrogen starting from January 2012. The surgery finalized it I think. I also take an estrogen blocker medication post breast ca treatment..so even estrogen is minimally released from my fat...anyway, I feel good co.something and just have to make sure I take my Vit D, calcium, follow up annual bone density scans, watch my diet, cholesterol levels, blood sugars, blood pressure, walk 3xk, poke fun at my lack of female parts, and count my blessings.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register