I hope I am doing the right thing, HELP!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I hope I am doing the right thing, HELP!! I hope I am doing the right thing, HELP!!

Unread 02-09-2002, 06:43 AM
horrible lower back pain!!!!

Goodmorning!!!!, This morning I am in lots of pain, my lower back is hurting so badly, has anyone else ever suffered back pain with all this female stuff? My family doc says its arthritis in my spine, but I swear I think its got a lot to do with my uturus tilted, or maybe some other underllying problem he may find during surgery. Its all I can do to get out of bed sometimes, and last night my lags (both) were aching sooo bad. Just wondering if there is a link between my female problems and my back and legs hurting so badly, mostly my back. Thank you for beingpatient, I will probably have lots more questions now that I found ladies who can relate. Thank you so much, and please have a wonderful day. DJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2002, 10:14 AM
I hope I am doing the right thing, HELP!!

Hi DJ,

I have chronic lower back and right hip pain, and for years it was attributed to an accident I was in about 25 years ago. But the lower back pain has changed over the last ten years and it's pretty constant. My family doc told me after the fibroid was confirmed that she was sure all that extra pressure and weight in there was making the back pain worse.
Unread 02-09-2002, 11:56 AM

DJ, I have lower back pain all the time, but worse after ovulation and certainly closer to my period. I sometimes feel like I am going to have to end up in a wheelchair. I have an enlarged, prolapsed uterus and cervix, possible adenomyosis and fibroids. The pain gets so bad sometimes that I feel pain all down my leg and my body aches as if I was getting a flu. Every month I've been going through this and I thought it was just a coincidence I felt I was getting a cold and also started taking cold medicine in addition to aleve and codine when I felt this way. Too much medication, if you ask me and I can't really function normally even then because they make me so tired. I am getting a second opinion and I'm leaning to having a hyst, taking out uterus and cervix and leaving the ovaries. Your back pain will probably get better after the surgery. I've tried to work out to strengthen my back and it doesn't work because every month the pain gets worse. Anyway, in your case, it probably is also related to everything else going on in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2002, 02:49 PM

DJ,

I had horrible back pain before my surgery! I will almost guarantee that your back pain will be less, maybe gone altogether! My uterus had been tilted most of my adult life and I had suffered with back pain most of it as well! Worse when I ovulated.

Also, my legs pained me quite a bit during certain times of the month.

Good luck....I think you will be glad that you had surgery!
Unread 02-10-2002, 07:17 AM
thanks for the replies

Thanks, I to think that most of my back pain is associated with my female troubles, my family doctor has me on oxyprozin for arthritis in my spine, but it has gotten so bad over the last six months, around the time my female troubles got so bad, although my back has hurt on and off for several years, I can't get out of bed unless I inch my way out sometimes. Yesterday I felt miserable all day, just like I didn't want to talk or nothing, just go to bed, but couldn't. Today it is a little better, hopefully I will feel better so I can get some things done. I am more and more anxious to get this surgery over with so I can go on and live my busy life. Thanks to all my hyster-sisters for filling me in on their experiences. Have a great day, and I hope you start to feel better. Until next time, Love DJ

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register