I'm crowned and have smaller belly now than pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm crowned and have smaller belly now than pre-op I'm crowned and have smaller belly now than pre-op

Unread 02-08-2002, 03:49 PM
I'm crowned and have smaller belly now than pre-op

Hello, I had my surgery on the 5th, got home yesterday. Everything went smooth, cept the morphine made me puke some. I'm feeling great, just hurts when I try to sit up. Not real hungry, and it's hard to Anyway, I thought this and my husband confirmed it with a comment today. My stomach is alot smaller now. It had been sticking out lately looking pregnant and thought you can tell it's swollen, it's still alot smaller than it was before. Whoopie......wonder how small it will be when the swelly belly goes away too. I'd known that something was wrong with my stomach before because I couldn't ever even suck it in or anything. I just got this big tummy over the last year, and before when I'd gained weight, I could suck it in to look skinny in the mirror, but this was different, always felt like I was carrying rocks in there, it was heavy. Well once I got diagnosed, I'd figured there's my answer to this huge belly, but wasn't for sure, well now I know that it did get alot better, I even notice it '***** in' again when I'm trying to move. Now, when I'm cleared by the doc, I'll do my ab exercises and get this sucker flat.....maybe...hehe, got too many chocolates and cookie bouquets to get really skinny right now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2002, 04:40 PM

LisaJean!
These are words I've been longing to hear!
It is my greatest hope that some of my pooch will diminish, but the "2nd waistline" thread left me with little hope.
You're a light in the darkness!! Thank you!!

I'm happy that you are doing well, and thank you for taking the time to let us LIW know how you are.

Take care of yourself, and enjoy being a Princess!
Unread 02-08-2002, 11:29 PM
Welcome Home

LisaJean

Just wanted to say - welcome to the other side. Glad to hear all went well for you. Lucky you that the belly is now smaller. Mine hasn't gone down yet (hopefully it will). I was hoping my biggest fibroid would weigh 50 pound, but alas, it didn't.

Hope all goes well for your recovery. Walking and water are really good for the gas pains. How much we take for granted until it just won't happen!!!

Regards
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2002, 06:57 AM
thanks!

LisaJean,

Thank you so much for the remarks about your belly. I too have fibroids and my belly sticks out pretty far. I cannot wait for it to shrink a little or hopefully A LOT. I am tired of looking pregnant!

I'm glad that all went well! Keep us posted on your recovery!

Brandi
Unread 02-09-2002, 02:31 PM

Welcome Home LisaJean
I am so glad to hear that you are home and doing good.
Please continue to get lots of rest.
When you feel up to it, we would love to see you in the Chat Room. Then we could give you a big hug in real time.
Take Care
Unread 02-09-2002, 04:58 PM

Lisa,
I too was admiring my smaller, post Feb. 5 surgery, belly! Doc said my fibroids made it about 14 week PG size, so its no wonder I feel and look flatter. But with folks bringing over so much good food I will have to watch out to keep it that way!
Glad your surgery went well also.
TVS
Unread 02-09-2002, 05:37 PM
yeah

Lisa
Glad all went well- and a smaller belly too! I'm thankful that by the 2nd day after my gassy belly went down I could see my staples. I also just found out I had endometriosis and never knew what that was before. It probably explains the lower back aches. My VH turned into a TAH with removal of both ovaries. Everything was kind of stuck all together. I'm glad it's all done with. It is really nice to hear how the gals that had surgery the same are doing. Take it easy. And don't laugh- my goodness that hurts!
Rose
Unread 02-09-2002, 05:47 PM

Glad to hear your surgery was successful. I, too, have a smaller tummy! Yeah! With all the swelly belly comments I was prepared for the worst.

Take care.
Unread 02-10-2002, 10:27 AM

My tummy is smaller post-op too. As soon as I got my shower at home, I stared and stared. My dh comfirmed it too. I didnt have firoids tho so it came as a shock that it was smaller. Felt like when I've given birth and even tho I still have a belly, its defiantly smaller. I assume I must have been hugely swollen pre-surg and didnt even realize it. Not only that, but my hands -face - ankles are not swollen anymore.
It does suprise me about the end of the day swelling still at almost 5 weeks post-op. I suddenly feel heat through my clothes, and tight and wala, swelly belly has struck.
Unread 02-10-2002, 01:39 PM

Hi!!

THANK YOU so much for giving me hope!! Like most, I have tremendous swelling through my stomach. I have been so worried reading all the posts that seemed to indicate that the problem would be even worse Post-Op. :alarm: Even my sides seem to bulge. I have never looked like this even pregnant. Now that I know it is possible, I just know that my stomach will have to be smaller afterwards.

Rayna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register