Please help justify what I'm feeling..... - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Please help justify what I'm feeling..... Please help justify what I'm feeling.....

Unread 02-11-2002, 01:45 PM
Please help justify what I'm feeling.....

"who wants my Kotex"???..... Sisterneed you just gave me a really good laugh !!!! I am sitting here holding my lower left abdomen I am in ALOT of pain and I just had to laugh... there's still a smile on my face. My surgery is planned for march 27 I"m scared but I know it is my only answer.. thanks for the laugh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-11-2002, 03:19 PM

You girls are in for a great surprise. I had all of the above sympthoms . As you can see below, I had all the same things as all of you. Life is GRAND now!

Whoever asked about the time of year, I had mine the end of March. I think Spring is a perfect time. Shorts! Otherwise you'll be in sweats, because jeans and other pants are too uncomfortable. The shorts aren't binding like long pants.
Unread 02-11-2002, 10:32 PM
KARAH

Glad you got a good so sorry you have pain , s

what are you going in for?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2002, 12:28 PM
On my last few Tampons!!!!

You all are cracking me up. Isn't it true, that right before our surgery we look in our drawer and say to ourselves, "I really hope I use all of these up because I certainly don't want to throw them away!"

Ok, now I'm concerned. I have gotten several responses from the burning pain I'm feeling. I called my Doctor to get her insight. It feels like a fever or something. I wonder if that's associated to my hip pain as well. Hmmmm. Any thoughts?

You all are entirely great! Thank you so much!

Tracy K

Unread 02-12-2002, 04:50 PM

Tracy K

Your story souns so similar to mine. Had TAH. Am 4 weeks post op today. Yesterday and today have been my ONLY good days so far. I've been dealing with this since probably I was 18. (31 now) Have had 4 laps all negative except the last in Oct 01. Found adenomyosis, pelvic congestion and 2 cysts. My dr. at the time NEVER told me of the adeno, cauterized the cysts and put me on the pill (been there done that) and said I'd be fine in 2 months. Well, 2 months came and went and I was NOT fine. I switched drs. Thank the Lord! He was sooooooo understanding. I told him how much pain I was in, the nausea all the time, (I think due to the cysts) the bleeding (on and off) pain during sex (sex? what's that) the back pain and just all around feeling like crap. I got to the point of only having maybe 1 week out of the entire month that I felt functional. I too have 3 boys. 8,5, 21 months. Whew! DH and I have been sooo, sooo arguing. He just doesn't get it. I am no longer dealing with the pain (IT'S GONE!) but we are just not getting along. I know things will get better. But when you haven't had a chronic illness for a year how can you relate. I just keep praying and hoping it'll get better. Oh, also ended up the er with my appendix problems which didn't check out (3 weeks before surgery) Lo and behold, during surgery dr took appendix because it looked abnormal. It's been tough. But there's light at the end of the tunnel. Every day gets better for me but dh and I are not good. So now instead of being depressed from being sick I'm depressed because I cannot get him to understand. He's NEVER sick. I too tried to talk myself out of it. I'd have a good day and think, "well, I don't need surgery." Then that night I'd be in so much pain that my vicodins would not even touch my pain anymore. Even tried duragesic patches but they made me STONED and goofyier than a bed bug. Since my surgery I've had that plus and ear infection, tonisillitis last week and two puking kids. So when I say it's been tough it has been. You'd think that the person you've been married to for 10 yrs would understand a bit. Oh well. Good luck to you. You need to have this surgery. Don't postpone. Pain free is a beautiful thing.

Kat
Unread 02-12-2002, 05:01 PM

Tracy: By the way, I also suffered from a tilted uterus. And just another funny note I remembered: When I went to ER re: my appendix the on call general surgeon told me there's no such thing as Pelvic Congestion! Can you believe it? I ripped him a new you know what! Men. Just what do they know. Oops, that's not fair, my dr is a man and very caring and understanding.
Unread 02-12-2002, 06:43 PM
Of coarse there is Pelvic Congestion!

Hi Kat!
I bet you just wanted to say, "You *******' *******, of coarse there is Pelvic Congestion Syndrome!"

I started reading about it after I just couldn't figure out what was wrong with me. Nothing helped.....Chiro and Acupuncture didn't do anything for me. Even tho the Chiro claimed it was a back problem. Yea right. Just wanted my 3K that is. I ran across this website that started explaining the symptoms of PCS. I called to make an appointment with my Doc immediately. Of coarse when I had my last Lap 3 years ago she told me I needed a Hysterectomy, I told her I wanted to wait to see how I felt. I felt better after my last lap because she zapped my endo. Then she put me on the pill. When I went back to her she read my reports and basically enlarged veins that were backing blood up in my Uterus, well that is PCS.

There is no doubt in my mind that these types of problems causes havoc between couples. We have three kids too, 11, 7 & 4. We both work full time as well. When you are not feeling good, it's hard enough giving energy to your children let alone to your husband. When you have exhausted all efforts to your children, I can't imagine having any more energy for your DH. I'm sure it's hard for my DH to understand as well. He is never sick and he's never had any major health issues. He did have shoulder surgery about 3 years ago. That was a pretty easy recovery for him. Oh, he did have a Vasectomy about 4 years ago. That is a piece of cake as well. Hey, by the way.....Why don't our docs give us morphine when they give us paps lilke they do with vasect's?

I had major sinus surgery last year and I told myself I'd never go through another surgery again as long as I lived. Well, here I am again.

Kat, I live in Colorado and you in Michigan. It's tough right now. It's still cold and we are all cooped up in our houses. Once spring hits, we will all get the fever. I'm so glad you are doing better now. Please let me know how you are doing.

From my 3 kids to yours......

But lots of for you!!!!

Tracy
Unread 02-13-2002, 09:39 AM

Tracy: Yes, you nailed it. That's exactly what I did tell that dr. in so many words. Colorado, eh? That's where my dh comes to elk hunt. Is making another trip this Oct. for 2 1/2 weeks. Time for new furniture for me, right?
Well, dh and I talked again and again last night about this whole ordeal. I guess it also hasn't helped my baby and oldest having been a'puking since Sunday. Ugh! And we hopefully got things panned out. (I got roses today so I must have said something right.) I've noticed that each time we've gone through a major life change (after each child) that we have tough times. But love prevails and we're in it for the long haul. But like I said, each day gets better. I constantly have to remind myself not to pick up my babe, let someone else vacuum (even if 5 yr old does and it looks terrible), let friends clean your house, etc. Just brought my oldest home from school--sick.
Yes, it's cold and getting old and depressing here all cooped up like you said. We're going to FL in April for 2 1/2 weeks!!!!! I deserve a vacation after this. Hang in there!!!! Keep me posted. You can email too.

Love, Kat
Unread 02-13-2002, 10:28 AM
pre-op hyst

Hi tracy,
I've just had a hyst myself on the 24th of january. I was TERRIFIED! It was an adominal. I think I had a thousand butterflies in my belly. But, you know what? As scared as I was, it had to be done. I was in as much pain as yourself and my period blood was coming out of my rectum, (such an embarrassing topic). Like you, I was seriously debating. The only thing that was really bad about it was the fact that I couldn't breathe when I woke up, but then again, that was because I was a heavy smoker and didn't heed my doctor's warnings. I smoked right up to my surgery date and have since quit. Yes, there is pain but they give you some nice painkillers that take care of that and make you feel all cozy inside. When I considered the pain aspect of it, I thought to myself, what the heck, one chunk of pain is better than having it for 5 to 7 days every month, and I'm so glad I chose to have it done. I don't know how old you are but apparently the younger you are when you choose to have it, the easier time you will have to recover. I don't find it any worse than having a baby...just different. And you've been thru the baby thing right? I'm not trying to guide you in any direction just trying to help you with your final decision...be positive and don't let it overwhelm you...the female body is incredibly adaptable and strong...and once again, it wasn't the worse thing in the world...I'm fine now, accepting all the little weird post op things that happen to your body afterwards...thank god to this site!...I know I'm not the only one in the world who's been afraid and has overcome it...hugs to you
Unread 02-13-2002, 01:13 PM

WOW!!
I am so glad I took the time to read this post and replys! I have been dealing with the pain for 13 years now, since I had my tubes tied. I have talked myself out of the surgery many times over, then I get up to prove I am ok, and cant walk. Yes, its time.
I to am on my last period, and so happy about that. The pain is really bad this time, and I am glad it is about over. I will be going in on the 22 for my surgery.
Thank you again ladies for your help!
Blessings, RC~ aka Ice

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register