10 days left and ill | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days left and ill 10 days left and ill

Unread 02-09-2002, 11:10 AM
10 days left and ill

I know that it is true that the waiting is the worst part, but to top all of that off, I have had a raging sore throat for 3 days. Not too bothersome during the day, but feels on fire at night, therefore, not much sleep going on. I have been afraid to take anything over the counter prior to surgery, gargling with salt water. Am I being overly sensitive to not feeling good before surgery? I do think my brain starts working overtime once the head hits the pillow, but I have been so careful to avoid all sickies and I still get something. The house is just about as clean as it can get, so keeping busy up to this point has been easy. Nerves are starting to fray, I'm afraid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-09-2002, 11:30 AM
10 days left and ill

Hang in there. It has happened to many of us. I'm starting to wonder if the stress causes us to get sick! You've got 10 days to get well and they will check you out good at pre-op. It's also that time of the year! Same thing happened to me. My doctor did give me something to take as a precautionary measure. I'm not sure it helped, I think it was viral. They say vitamin C and zinc help. My prayers are with you.
Unread 02-09-2002, 04:53 PM
10 days left and ill

Hi Cindy, thanks for the support. It is hard to stay well with all of the bugs going around. I think I have identified the source. My good friend had a baby 2 months ago and he was recently diagnosed with RSV, I am his godmother, and go over often to help take care of him. His dad and grandma also have symptoms like mine. (they just aren't having tvh in 10 days) lol How are things in Texas? I came from there 5 years ago, lived all over the state, except your area. Again, thanks so much for your support and reply. I have been so thrilled to find this website and "sisters" with something in common. Hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2002, 12:19 PM
10 days left and ill

Hi Pudge,
Glad to know what it is. Of course thats not helping you at the moment! Hope you get better soon.

So you left Texas! Sounds like you probably lived in some of the prettier areas of our great state! Lets face it, the gulf coast is rather dreary looking, but the hill country, wow! And , oh yeah, you moved to Colorado. Beautiful state! I was there last October. The only other time I see it is when its snowing and I've got on skiis !!!!! So , do you like it there?

Hang in there, is the throat better yet?

God Bless!
Unread 02-10-2002, 01:10 PM
10 days left and ill

I'm scheduled for surgery the same day as you. I woke up sick yesterday, headache and vomiting. I just keep thinking that at least I'm getting it out of the way now. I would hate to have had this after my surgery.

Unread 02-10-2002, 01:25 PM
10 days left and ill

Tomorrow is my 10 day mark and im keeping the fingers crossed that I wont get sick as you all seem to be!!?? Hang in there girls!! I to think being under the kind of stress that we are may tend to make us feel under the weather, keep drinking OJ, that may help, im two days behinde you, you will be in my prayers!!! Lisa
Unread 02-10-2002, 04:12 PM
10 days left and ill

Hi Cindy!!! Better today, less in the throat, more in sinuses now. I have been taking excedrin for discomfort and a decongestant. I did sleep better last night. DH was out of town over weekend so I just holed up and watched olympics. (I do worry about the meds I am taking prior to surgery, but maybe I am far enough away that I'll be okay)???? Love colorado now, didn't wanna come out here at first. Had to move mid semester with a freshman and junior in high school and that was horrible. (especially the older one) Things did work out well, and now I couldn't live without my mountain view. We don't ski, but i do love to travel up occassionally for the views and good food. Talk to you soon. HUGS. Paula
Unread 02-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Hey Hey Paula,

Hey that sounds like a song I knew years and years ago . Girls I think a lot of sickness is stress leaving you wide open for all those little bugs. Call the DR and ask about what to take since you aren't running a fever it won't be too hard to get rid of. Of course like someone said it is that time of year. Just drink lots of liquids and get plenty of rest that goes for all of you. It will help in the long run. Having a well rested body will help with the recovery after your surgery. God Bless all of you and hang in the wait will be over before you know it.
Unread 02-10-2002, 04:55 PM
UUGGHH

2/20 for me and I woke up with a sore throat and feel yucky! Can I take ANYTHING?? I cannot miss any work to stay home and heal myself. HELP!
Unread 02-10-2002, 06:53 PM
10 days left and ill

Hi Pudge! I'm an "retired" Hostess here, and also an RN.. My concern about your sore throat, is in regards to Anesthesia.. My advice to you would be to get to your Primary MD, for a throat culture, and check-up, just to be certain something else isn't brewing.. Could possibly be nothing more than "nerves". But, it would be good to get it checked prior to surgery. Worst case scenerio, the surgery is postponed. Not a pleasant thought, but a safe intervention, for you.. Recovery can be tough as it is, without a secondary infection to contend with. Take it easy, and get that throat checked out! Let me know how you're doing! And, you may IM me anytime.. Roz

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register