Nausea/vomiting pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nausea/vomiting pre-op Nausea/vomiting pre-op

Unread 02-12-2002, 08:37 AM
Nausea/vomiting pre-op

Has anyone else experienced nausea and vomiting pre-op. My bowel prep was Fleet phospho-soda. Took one dose yesterday, and am due for #2 (surgery tomorrow). Threw up about 5 am and then again at 11 am, with lots of nausea and headache in between. I'm only getting answering machines at the doc's office. Not sure whether to take dose number two - the box says don't take when nausea or vomiting are present. Has anyone else had the same experience?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Hi Whitty

Call your dr & ask him. I will tell you that I had nasuea & vomitting for months prior to my surgery, my DD prescribed phenegran. I took it the night before with his permission. Not sure if it got worse because of nerves or because of the problems I had. Just follow his advice. And good luck with the preps. I feel for ya. I think they were worse then the surgery itself.
Here's a big ((((((((((((((( HUG))))))))))))))))))))). I'll be thinking of you!
K
Unread 02-12-2002, 09:24 AM
Hi Whitty,

Sweety can't help you there. my fleet did make me a little sicky feeling but I didn't get so bad as to . Maybe you have someone else another DR or call your pharmacist and ask they know a lot about med ever over the counter. sounds like you only have a reaction to the enema so try and get a hold of someone that can tell you for sure. God bless and let us know how this comes out .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2002, 11:21 AM
Nausea/vomiting pre-op

I think if the bottle says not to take if you have nausea and vomiting, you better not take that second dose.
Unread 02-12-2002, 12:52 PM
Nausea/vomiting pre-op

Thanks all -- finally got through and was told NOT to take the second dose and got permission to take some Gravol -- feeling much better now -- thanks for your support.
Unread 02-12-2002, 05:45 PM
Nausea/vomiting pre-op

Good girl...it's so important to get hold of your doctor at a time like that. We should all be sure to have all the emergency numbers before our surgeries. The day before my surgery, they predicted a HUGE blizzard. My doctor called ME (on a Sunday, no less) to tell me he'd be there, no matter what...as long as I promised to show up!! He even gave me his home number.

Your situation is exactly why they must have 24 hour paging!! Hope you feel better!!

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register