HELP - severe leg pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

HELP - severe leg pain HELP - severe leg pain

Unread 02-12-2002, 02:43 PM
HELP - severe leg pain

Has anyone experienced severe pain in leg (left only)?Starts in lower back and traverses the entire upper leg to the knee.Feels as if someone has been hitting it with a baseball bat or pulling on it.Started about a week ago and is getting worse with each day.See my GP on Thursday but do not see my surgeon until the day of op.(20/02).Wondered if it has anything to do with my fibroids/cysts etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2002, 03:16 PM
HELP - severe leg pain

Hi E.J.,
You are correct. I believe it has everything to do with a Cyst. I have the same pain. My pain is very low back and shooting pains down the back of my leg. Sometimes it feels as though someone is pulling on my ligaments. My Doctor told me that whether it's a Uterine problem, or cysts, they can rest on the ligaments that are attached to your back.

Good luck!

Tracy K

A big for you!!!
Unread 02-12-2002, 04:25 PM
Thankyou!!

I don't feel any less pain but at least I know it's not all in my head.LOL!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-12-2002, 06:15 PM
HELP - severe leg pain

It's not in your head!!! Isn't it funny that we as women always assume it's in our head.

I firmly believe that the discomfort that turns into pain starts out so gradual, that we feel as though their is nothing wrong with us!

:jumping:

Tracy
Unread 02-12-2002, 08:21 PM
leg pain

Hi, Sorry you're hurting. I have fibroids and this last year have pain in my right leg. I thought maybe it was a nerve. At times it is like someone with a hammer is working on me and the line of pain is from low back down the back of the leg around to the knee cap. I've alway had terrible low back pain around my period. Hope you find an answer soon. I admit that I take a lot of Motrin/Aleve and sometimes it helps this pain. Good luck...let us know. Maralyn
Unread 02-12-2002, 08:36 PM
HELP - severe leg pain

I had this with a prolapsed uterus. I thought I needed to see a Chiropractor for a pinched nerve (sciatic) I was in so much pain. Imagine my surprise when after the hyst it disappeared!
Unread 02-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Severe Pain

Hi, I go in for TAH/SBO on Thursday, the pain you are describing is exactly like mine. I had some pain at night when I would sleep for the past 4 years, I would have to get up out of bed and sleep in the recliner downstairs all that time we thought it was from a car accident that I had been in (Lucky to be Here), the doctor and I kept thinking it was a nerve problem. Then 2 months ago the pain became very intense in my lower back, left leg, and left ovary, and the pain was now constant my doctor decided to have an MRI done , Low and behold all of this time I have had a cyst on my Ovary that suddenly grew and now needs to be surgically removed I have what is called a Cystadenoma that is benign,the cyst is 17cm and still growing, I will have the hysterectomy also due to having a 95 percent chance of this type of cyst developing on my other ovary. It is very painful, I thought it was in my head also. It is nice to hear that I am not crazy and that there really is a reason I have been feeling so lousy... Good luck in your search of what is wrong... Check everything out.... but don't let it go......seek and find out what s going on... Tina in MO
Unread 02-13-2002, 06:28 AM
HELP - severe leg pain

Hi Tina, E.J., Sheri, Maralyn,

All of you ladies are awesome! Wohew!!!! Thank God I'm not the only one who feels this way. Who would have ever thought that lower back problems were from our female anatomy?

I'm so glad when they take it out I'll feel like a new woman!

My DH says I walk around the house like an 80 year old woman!

Take care all!

Tracy
Unread 02-13-2002, 07:15 AM
Leg Pain!

Yes I have the leg pain(right side). About 6 weeks ago it started with severe abdominal and pain in right side(have had endo for years-was diagnosed in 1983) My leg pain has gotten worse. Sometimes I think I'll wake up in the morning and not be able to walk-(all in my head) lol.I know something is getting pinched! Well- I have my hyst on friday-(2 days to go)!
Guess I'll find out then!
Best of luck to all of US!
B-Jean
Unread 02-13-2002, 07:21 PM
Leg pain.

thanks to everyone for responding so quickly.Have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow morning.(the 14th).Will post an update then.
e.j.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register