i did It! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-13-2002, 07:36 AM
i did It!

[b][size=3][font=courier new][color=darkblue]Hi- Yes i did it!
I had my Hyster on Jan 16, 2001. It was great just 2 days in the hospital with no complications! Yippie, I'm so glad I had much good advice. And I thank My Dr. For the good results. I'm healing great and have had some problems with my bowels, only because I went home and did not continue with the stool softeners...OOps!
But today I'm doing great, it is taking time to heal and to do house work...(important to get help with these for awhile!)chores and etc.... But the best advice I have is Rest, rest , rest . Drink lots of H2o and Listen to your Dr! Have a good
3 sq meals daily and don't forget the h2o!! Oh yes I said that already didn't I, but it's important! As of today I have driven my standard car and Love it it did take me till now to do this!
But It is important to heal those booboo's. I was cut for my surgrey because my vagina was too small to have surgery that way. So the other option was a belly cut about 4 inches below my bellybutton. It has healed Perfect! I had to have my Hystro done because of several fibroids on my overies. And I had many sonagrams done and they showed just 1-2 inches of the fibroid.
BUT- when removed the day of my surgery, my dr said one was the size of a small tangarine! YUCK. So it is good to have things checked thru the DR. I did have everything taken out by my choice, cervix, uterus, and overies. My periods were the worst ever with to many flowing days on and off even with, pills to control my periods there were many break thu days and my legs would just throb with pain. Tylenol and other pills didn't help....So I decided to have it all taken care of. I asked 2 different dr's questions. And made the desision on my own and did it! And I'm very Happy! I wish I had done this years ago....I have 2 healthy girls now in thier late Teens. I hope the best for them.
With all the problems with our other female family members, with cancer in cervix, uterus, I will do extra prayers for them. I was lucky I just had fibroids. And I'm GLAD I didn't wait till it got worst.
I heard they can be bad. I know of others who had them and its best to have them checked. Thanks for listening!
any questions my e-mail is [email protected]
2002 is a great year and I have a good outlook now, and even plan to loose that flabby belly now! Hehe
Best wishes to all here
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2002, 08:07 AM
i did It!

Conratulations Lisaray!!!!

Glad to hear everything has gone so well for you! Your post was very helpful to those of us nervous ladies in waiting.

Don't overdue now that you have your wheels back!!!!

May the rest of your recovery be a speedy one!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register