Uterine Biopsy? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Uterine Biopsy? Uterine Biopsy?

Unread 02-15-2002, 12:56 PM
Uterine Biopsy?

Hi, I'm new here. I've known about my fibroids and cysts for a couple of years now. Had at least 4 pelvic, vaginal sonos in 2 years to keep track of them. The Dr. was never gun-** about a hyst but said I would make a candidate (someday). Went in for my annual pap this week and all of a sudden he says "You need a hyst". My uterus is the size of a 3-month pregnancy. I was wondering if taking a uterine biopsy (Ouch, it hurt) in the office was a common practice or if the Dr. suspects something bad. I have very unpredictable periods. Sometimes I go 3 mo. without a period, sometimes (like right now) I've been bleeding lightly for 3 wks..

I have totally enjoyed this web site for several days now. Laughter is the best medicine and reading some of the regular's personal stories have kept me in stitches (pardon the expression). Thanks for all the shared info and although I do not look forward to becoming a resident of hyster land, I am much more at ease knowing there is such a great support group.

I will know more about my destiny on Feb 25
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2002, 01:05 PM
WELCOME

So glad you decided to post and make yourself known. I had a uterine biopsy done in my office also. It was done strictly as a precaution to rule out anything suspisious! I also had a uterus the size of three month pregnancy due to adenomyosis. At 8 weeks post tah/bso I can tell you that I feel wonderful, better than I have in some time. Keep on reading and gaining info, only you can decide when the time is right for you to have this surgery. Stop in chat and talk a while, the ladies there are a great source of info as well as support.
Unread 02-15-2002, 01:12 PM
Welcome!

Hi, Cindy! Welcome to HysterSisters! Glad you found us and that you're benefiting from reading the posts here. Yes, your dr probably did a uterine biopsy (an endometrial biopsy?) due to abnormal bleeding and the enlarged uterus, to make sure there is no cancer growing, and also to check the uterine lining to see if it is abnormal. I had 2 endometrial biopsies, though mine were less painful than a dental appointment! Read all you can here and post questions you think of. Good luck in making your decision and best wishes!
Ruthie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2002, 03:45 PM
Thanks!

Thanks a bunch, ladies! back to you all. When I walked out of the Drs. office this week, I just kept saying "I need support, I need someone to talk to that knows what's goin on". Little did I know that the Hyster Sisters site existed. I was soooo blessed to find you all so fast.

I'm jumpin for joy
Unread 02-15-2002, 04:03 PM
Uterine Biopsy?

farmergal,
I have had fibroids for over 30 years. Six years ago at age 47 my uterus began to grow again...hense another ultra sound and endo biopsy. Evidentally any time there is a change, such as growth, severe bleeding etc. it is common to rule out cancer. Once that bio comes back clean then the urgency is off and you can collect the data that you need to make the decision for surgery. Had mine come back positive I would have ran to the hospital. Now I'm just reading the good info here and gathering up my questions. At age 53, I feel I've been through the worst and maybe I should wait for menopause...if it ever comes.
Let us know your results and try not to worry, the test was just routine. Maralyn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register