I need advice please | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I need advice please I need advice please

Unread 02-15-2002, 02:47 PM
I need advice please

I'm 22, I've had endometriosis for twelve years.... and I've decided that I just can't fight with this anymore..... it's taken away my whole life. I'm going to have a hysterectomy to make everything better, and I am really scared... is there anybody my age on here who has had a hysterectomy and can talk with me? I am really depressed, but happy about the prospect of being well. PLease help me. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2002, 05:06 PM
I need advice please

Stephi

Welcome to the best help site around.

Sorry you are going through so much at such a young age. If you go to the forum called "Aching Hearts" there are some threads in there about younger ladies having hysterectomies. You may find some very helpful reading there.

All the very best and regards.
Unread 02-15-2002, 05:10 PM
I need advice please

Hi Stephi,

I'm a little older than you (33) but still kinda young to have had the surgery. I was very, very frightened prior to the surgery but it turned out to be a really positive experience. I'm SO glad I had this done - I truly got my life back. I have energy now, I'm not in constant pain, and I think best of all is that my daily focus is no longer on my uterus! I can pay attention to all the other things life has to offer now.

Deciding to have a hysterectomy is an intensely personal decision - there are many things to take into account (I actually made a pro and con list, which helped). My recommendation is to become as educated as you can on your condition and the surgery/recovery - finding this site is a major step in the right direction! The more I knew about what my condition was and what my options were, the more control I felt over the situation. This helped me a great deal in making my decision and feeling good about it.

Are there specific things that are concerning you at this point? If so please let us know. I can guarantee someone here will have words of wisdom no matter what your fears are. I had all sorts of off-the-wall (or so I thought) concerns, but every single time I found someone who had gone through the same thing or could point me in the right direction. This site is a lifesaver!

You're in my thoughts and prayers

Heidi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-15-2002, 05:57 PM
I need advice please

Stephi,
Im not 22 but that is when I should have had the surgery, im now 31 and have desided as you, I can not live like this any more, Ive had problems with endo and bad periods my whole life! I held out longer then you because I wanted to have lots of children, in my perfect world I wanted 3 kids, well, I have one and lost four! I set myself up for alot of heartache and so much pain that if I just would have had the surgery I would have not lost so many babies. I think that if this is truely what you want and will get rid of you pain, DO IT!!! This site is so wonderful and from what every person has said you will feel great after the surgery!!!!! If you ever want to talk, I love to chat and have lots of time on my hands to do!!!!!! Lisa
[email protected]
Unread 02-17-2002, 10:05 PM
I need advice please

well.... i have actually made a pros and cons list... and i am still favoring having this done. i have just been too sick for too long, and after five surgeries already i cant do this anymore..... i have my whole family with me on this subject... they are all supportive... i have looked into options, and there are no more alternatives. i cant live like this. I am scared indeed, but if I wont be sick anymore, i think it's worth it. I can always adopt, just because I didnt have my own children does not mean i would love them less.... as my mom says, i save myself a lot of pain this is just a shock....... it's really stressful and such a hard decision.
Unread 02-18-2002, 01:26 AM
I need advice please

There have been several twenty-something sisters around... I don't think you can search for "22", but try searching for "young" or "twenties" and I'll bet you'll find them. Several have started out with "Has anyone this young ever had a hyst?" (+/-)

I'm sorry you're dealing with these problems at any age, and wish you a healty, pain-free future.
Unread 02-18-2002, 05:01 AM
I need advice please

Here's a link in the poll section about the age people were when they had their surgeries.
https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...threadid=35903
Unread 02-18-2002, 06:26 AM
hysto at 22

My advice as a mom: You're sooo young. If you have no children, but one day would like some (or one!), I suggest you donate your eggs and freeze them. Just in case Mr. Wonderful comes along (if he hasn't already). This enables you to have your own children...at least it still keeps you in the ballgame!
Unread 02-18-2002, 06:35 PM
I need advice please

that's a lot of hepful info...... I have looked into a lot of things, and I have been trying various alternatives for a very long time now..... i have had four laparoscopies and one laparotomy..... tried every drug, diet change.... they say i cant have children anyways due to how badly my ovaries are damaged... i also have cysts on both ovaries, a lump in my breast, and cystitis of the bladder..... I will be having a full removal of everything.... to have as little a chance of things growing back as possible. having children out of my body is not my number one concern, adoption is very likely as i have known for a while i cannot conceive. i dont have to bear my own child to love it, and i would rather be healthy than to continue to fight a battle that has taken over my life... this is just really scary but i believe i am making the right decision... i have to take my life back.

:
Unread 02-19-2002, 05:28 AM
Getting your life back

You sound well grounded! Good for you!

You've come to a decision. Now get on with it, right? I'm new to this forum but I feel like I can tell you that we are all here for you if you need us.

Good luck. Get it over with, and get on with your life!

Joann

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register