Desperate for Advice - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Desperate for Advice Desperate for Advice

Unread 02-19-2002, 12:14 AM
I've Always Been Told...

The Cervix is the "neck" of the uterus. it is what connects the uterus to the vagina. Most people that I have talked to consider it part of the uterus. I had mine removed also. My doctor did a TVH and I was told that in that procedure it is almost impossible to leave the cervix. I have had abnormal paps in the past, but my last two have been normal. I didn't want to mess with it later, nor did I want to opt for abdominal surgery to leave it. This is a personal decision, and one that only you can make, unless removal is necessary. I hope this helps you a little.
Kelkie(Kelly)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2002, 04:29 AM
Desperate for Advice

There are certain cervical cancers that indeed are linked to STD and multiple partners; however there are other kinds that are not. I would not use being monogamous and married for several years as my decision criteria. Again these are very personal decisions, I hope you come to one that makes you comfortable. As the cervix is connected to the uterus, these will be removed as one tissue if you so opt. Since you are "on the fence" about this decision, keep asking questions!

Unread 02-19-2002, 09:51 AM
Desperate for Advice

Thanks for your help. I guess I thought of the cervix as being part of the vagina, so now that I understand it's part of the uterus and will be removed as "one" I feel much much much more at ease. Now I just have to get to March 7th. I feel myself wanting to change the date until later. NERVES! TerrySue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-19-2002, 10:32 AM
Desperate for Advice

I know the nerves are a pain, but you probably won't feel any better if you move the date of surgery. If you are nervous about the decision of the surgery, that is a different thing, then I would sit back and think about it awhile longer. Just keep thinking, no more periods, no more periods, no more periods! I can't tell you how free I feel!

Unread 02-19-2002, 12:01 PM
Whew!!

I am very happy to read from you all that I won't suffer any "lapses" in the big O category. I was worried about that.

You guys are great!

Joann
Unread 02-19-2002, 03:02 PM
Desperate for Advice

Even with the nerves, I just got back from all the pre-op blood work. I know what you mean about NO MORE PERIODS. My DH said today when I questioned myself outloud about the surgery, "don't you want to be able to go somewhere and not worry about what you've left behind on your chair!" I also went ahead and scheduled an appointment with my primary care physician to talk this whole thing over. I figure it may ease my mind. I'm sure I need it, I'm just uneasy about going thru it all. I just had sinus surgery and a tonsillectomy within the year, so the thought of the anesthesia (which makes me very ill) and the recovery isn't too pleasant. Thanks for all your advice and kindness. TerrySue Please keep writing and sharing your advice/experience it is TRULY helpful.
Unread 02-19-2002, 04:09 PM
Desperate for Advice

I also had major sinus surgery just last February. I swore to myself, that would be the very last surgery of my life because it was so totally miserable. Well, here I am again!

I had pre-cancerous cells on my cervix. That is why my Doc has advised taking the Uterus and Cervix. They sew your wah wah shut up there.

I have been married for over 7 years and are totally monogomous. I have never heard of cervical cancer caused from STD's.

Cheers,
Tracy K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register