Do your ovaries HURT?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do your ovaries HURT?? Do your ovaries HURT??

Unread 02-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Do your ovaries HURT??

I am having a TAH/BSO as a result of my ovaries having a chronic case of cysts. Mine hurt, and I could always tell the Doc "I have a big one on my right side'. While they usually come and go, eventually mine did not respond to even the BCP....stubborn little things they are.... so I'll have them (the ovaries) removed and the Doc said "we may as well end your periods and take your uterus" which I was happy to hear after YEARS of painful periods and sadly, no kids (I am 46).

This is my last period, due today but so far a no show and my right side is just throbbing with pain...I even limp when I walk from the pain. Do you think this is all in my mind? Has anyone else felt ovarian pain? I am second guessing myself that I really should do this......... 17 days away....silly, right??

Oh my, to much time to THINK! I hope it is true, that waiting is the hardest part........

Thanks sisters!
Bev
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2002, 03:48 PM
Do your ovaries HURT??

Hi Bev. I too had what I believe were ovary pains. My doc eventually referred me for a laparoscopy and they found that I had endometriosis and cysts on my ovaries. I've since had a full hyst and oophrectomy and feel great. Everyone's different of course, but this site is great for telling other women's experiences. It will be your decision in the end, but armed with the information from here you should be able to decide what's best for you. Good luck!
Unread 02-18-2002, 04:47 PM
Hi Bev

I always knew which side was releasing because it hurt on that side. My right side was always worse. In my ultrasound it didn't show anything but in my post-op report they found I had a cyst in my right ovary that was the size of a wlanut. So yes there are pains coming from those ovaries that is IMHO. God Bless and good thoughts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2002, 05:18 PM
YES!

I definitely feel pain as I ovulate and especiallly during my period (which I will never have again!!)

I, too, have experienced cysts and endo on my ovaries, but I also felt twinges, and "pulled" feelings in that area too. It's not in your head!!!
Unread 02-18-2002, 05:28 PM
Do your ovaries HURT??

Befuddled

I have been in pain so long before they finally did a hysto on me that I am soo glad I made the decision to get rid of everything !!
I had endo and heavy bleeding and ovary pain too !! I could always tell which side was working!! I am sure you will be glad to have the surgery..I WAS !! I am 4 wks post op today and am finally feeling better.....

TAH/BSO severe ovary pain, endo and heavy bleeding all the time !! Surgery was 1/21/02.....

Hugs,
Teresa
Unread 02-19-2002, 10:44 AM
Do your ovaries HURT??

I'm currently having what is to be the "last period" After a couple of false starts, my newest date is March 1 and I am assured that yes they have a bed at the castle waiting for me and no they will not cancel out this time. Oy. My ovaries are especially painful this period, the cramps seem to be centered there instead of my poor tired uterus. I've always had ovulation pain that usually required a couple of Tylenol doses but nothing like this pain. Even gas hurts now. I am *so* ready for this op that there is no nerves and no doubt in my mind at all. I just want it done. Or should I say, DONE. My anemia is better than the all-time low it was at, and the two cancellations have given my blood a chance to rebuild a bit. This period is quite light in contrast to the previous month which was hemmorage-city. So I don't need the shot the Dr. was suggesting after all...the one that induces menopause for a month.
Unread 02-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Horrible Ovarian pain!

I have terrible ovarian pain all the time. Having a TAH/BSO this summer thank goodness. The current cyst size is that of a peach!
It radiates to my back. I understand how you feel and its NOT in your head. I hope you are ok. Please email me off board if you'd like at [email protected]

Unread 02-19-2002, 02:34 PM
Do your ovaries HURT??

Hi there. Most likely the pain is not all in you head. I have ovary pain 24/7!! When I ovulate or during my period the pain is so intense that I can't walk, the rest of the time it is just an annoying pain. I've delt with the pain for so long, that I've learned to function through it.

I know that when I have my hyster, I will be out of pain!!!
Unread 02-19-2002, 03:23 PM
Do your ovaries HURT??

befuddled, I too have ovarian pain. It's always been on my left side and then moves around to my other side and my entire pelvic area. I don't know, but it seems that my right ovary never works because every month it's the same pain. I am scheduling my hyst for June 7th. also have enlarged uterus and prolapsed uterus and cervix.
Unread 02-19-2002, 07:27 PM
ooh yea, that ovary pain!

Ditto here too. When I ovulate from my bad side, it's so painful I can't walk. Kindof feels like everything is going to fall out if I don't sit down. I get real sick to my stomach too.

It burns, it aches, it radiates!!!

Can't wait until the doc yanks all of this out!

God Bless us all and it's not in our heads!

:

Tracy K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register