Do your ovaries HURT?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Do your ovaries HURT?? Do your ovaries HURT??

Unread 02-20-2002, 10:42 AM
Most definitely.....

I too have an ovarian cyst on the left side and it most definitely hurts, down by my hip bone. Had my period last week and my surgery is a week from tomorrow. I experience the pain during ovulation and period, but also seems to be irritated by intercourse and when the doctor does a pelvic exam. I'm positive it's not in your head and wish you luck with your surgery and recovery!!

Dawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-20-2002, 10:48 AM
Thanks for all of your replys :-)

When I search for 'ovarian cyst' in the internet, I find information that it should not cause any discomfort. Hmpf....must've been the opinion of the same DUDE/S that convinced us high heels are what women should wear .

I am so READY for March 7th, it is :time2: to get this over with. My last visit from Aunt Flo was due Monday the 18th, so far a no show which is unusual, Aunt Flo is generally punctual. I am ready to :explode: from ovarian pain!!

Thanks sisters!
's
Bev
Unread 02-20-2002, 11:05 AM
We share alot in common

My date is also 3/7. I also have severe pain in my left ovary. It is to the point now where it never goes away. My doctor said nothing of cysts or endo when he did his hysteroscopy and ultrasound, so I'm not sure about that. All I know is I HURT and 3/7 can't be soon enough for me !!!!!!! Good luck to you sister!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2005, 08:23 PM
Do your ovaries HURT??

Befuddled
Am brand new to this site so wonder whether this reply will work?
Anyway, am day 2 post removal of left ovary and tube, along with grapefruit sized cystic mass. I am sore now but soooo relieved not to be in the agony I was in before they took it out!! Ovarian cysts most definately can HURT!!!!! My doc says mine was twisted on itself a couple of times (surprised it had that much room to jiggle about really!!) so maybe that's why it was so horridly painful.
Your surgery was a while ago now so hope all is well with you and your results and you are back on track.
I'm hoping for good reults from my biopsies at the end of this week and have the CHAMPAGNE ON ICE!!
Thanks to all on this marvellous site - I feel so much more informed and so much more normal now that I've found it!!
Maisy McM
Unread 07-05-2005, 10:00 PM
Do your ovaries HURT??

Befuddled,
You are not alone. I am, right this very minute, sitting on my couch in pain from my cysts. I am going to have a TAH/BSO in October. I initially found out I had endometriosis and ovarian cysts by having a laparoscopy. It is NOT in your head. I have always had bad periods, but my mother did as well so I never thought the pain was abnormal. About 6 months ago I woke up with severe stabbing pains in my ovary area and ended up going to the ER because my family dr thought I could possibly have an ectopic pregnancy. Anyway, after doing an ultrasound the ER doctor told me I had several ovarian cysts and that one had ruptured and that was what was causing my pain. So, I hope this and all the other posts reassure you that you are not alone.

Good luck!

Jill
Unread 07-06-2005, 11:57 AM
Do your ovaries HURT??

I know exactly the pain you are referring too. I just wanted to believe it was all in my mind but always told DH that my ovaries hurt. Finally, I was told by Dr that I had cysts on both of them. So the pain you are experiencing is not in your head it's in your body. As they always say here on this sight This too will pass...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register