I GIVE UP. Give me the anxiety meds. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I GIVE UP. Give me the anxiety meds. I GIVE UP. Give me the anxiety meds.

Unread 03-13-2013, 08:21 AM
I GIVE UP. Give me the anxiety meds.

The last straw was last night on fighting having to go on anxiety meds. It has been 4 yrs since surgery and 3 before surgery of anxiety coming and going. Tried the B Vit's no caffeine, aromatherapy just about sleeping in a bed of lavender and chamomile oil. Switched from Estradiol pill doing vaginal .75 to Estradot .1 I know it has just been 3 wks on the patch but finally facing facts. It just seems like they are getting worse. Last night was a 8 on the scale of 1 to 10. Did finally sleep but this morning is a 8 again. The being scared tingling in arms and legs sometimes in the face across the chest. The antsy feeling, Wanting to cry, heart pounding. I give up. Now just have to wait to hear from the dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2013, 08:53 AM
Re: I GIVE UP. Give me the anxiety meds.

Anxiety is evil, isn't it?!?! The more you try to relax, the more tingly you get, you talk yourself out of it.... and pretty soon you're having an entire conversation with yourself!!

I've had anxiety issues on & off... I've come to realize that certain hormones will make it worse. (I'm going in 4/12 for surgery). I was on the Nuva-ring birth control and anxiety was nasty. Dr put me on a newer birth control pill and it really sent me thru the roof... only 3 weeks. I stopped them and scheduled my surgery.

It could def have something to do with your hormones that you're on now. Talk it over with your Dr, and by all means.... if you're ready for anxiety meds.. take them. I have a prescription for xanax and rarely use it... but knowing that it's there for me makes me more comfortable.

You've had alot of changes in your body since your surgery, alot to adjust to...breath.... and relax.... talk about it.. either here or pick up the phone & chat with a friend. That always helps me.

Now... you'll need to remind me of this when I'm having a freak out of my own after surgery!
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:01 AM

Sorry to hear about the anxiety. I've never dealt with it, but watch my daughter getting worse every year and I wonder if she's peri menopausal early.

Don't remember your history, but have you tried anything other than transdermals? I'm just asking because for myself, the transdermals just don't seem to work completely for my mental health. Estrogel is the best one I've tried, but even that leaves me feeling like something is not quite clicking quite right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2013, 09:10 AM

Was using .75 mg estradiol vaginal for over a year. It is hard to remember time goes so fast. Good thing I keep track with a journal. Did cut back also on the Progesterone Creme. Down to 3/4 tsp a day that makes it 66 mg in the cream. Was so hot then I would get the chills also last night. My poor husband He wants to do something to help but who knows what to do.
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:26 AM

You're taking a really enormous dose of progesterone for the amount of estrogen you're using. It's probably making you feel like you have zero estrogen. You have a lot built up in your fatty tissue after such a long period of using at the higher dose. It could take a couple of months for all of it to be used up.
Unread 03-13-2013, 09:30 AM

hi Willowhills, i'm sorry to hear that you are having anxiety. i'm using a combi of 0.1 dot and fraction of a 1 mg pill vaginally 1x a week.

my mood is okay. ie low anxiety, but i also noticed vit D helps me here.

i get tested for vit D (blood test) and have to take 2000mg a day as my levels were below the lab's range.

When you see your doctor, do ask for a vit D test in addition to checking your estrogen levels.

Are your other anxiety symptoms a racing mind and insomnia ? For me, that happens when my estrogen is too high or too low,

Hope you find relief soon.
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:30 PM

Dec of 2011 my estrogen level was 500 something. The year before that my estrogen level was 900 something.
I do take a multi vit. plus my calcuim has Vit D in it also. I will run this by him though.
Unread 03-13-2013, 12:53 PM

Whoa! Is it still that high? If so, that could very well be the issue.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register