Help!!!!!! I'm going nuts | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - No Hormones - Managing Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help!!!!!! I'm going nuts Help!!!!!! I'm going nuts

Unread 02-21-2002, 12:35 PM
Help!!!!!! I'm going nuts

I had my lah on Oct 11. My dr prescribed estratest. I took it fine for 6 weeks, then got sad, blue, lethargic. So, I quit taking it, and just took progesterone cream. For a while that made me feel good, but now 2 1/2 months later, I'm feeling angry, agitated, but at the same time, major brain fog, can't think or remember things. I don't know what to do. Please help me if you can...does this sound crazy, or is it unrelated to my hysterectomy..ps. I was 38, so I had no symptoms of menopause before sugery.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2002, 08:26 PM

It's hard and sometimes takes some work to find hormones that work. All of your symptoms are related to hormones. Over the counter progesterone cream is weak and unregulated, so doesn't always work that reliably. It's not going to give you the protections that hormones can eitehr. ince you aren't prevented from taking hormones, I'd give it another try. Find someone who can work with you--like a compounding pharmacist who might know of a doctor who will fine tune balance.

If you want to see the evidence that is related to hormones, I looked into it at www.hormonejungle.com/brain.php

Agitation is part of the current article I worked on at www.hormonejungle.com Agitation can be from a number of things, too low progesterone, definitely too low estrogen with the brain fog.

There are nonhormonal things you can try--the most effective are prescription though, so you need to talk to your doc about what your choices are.

It can take some work, but it will work. (btw--if you smoke or are very thin, you can have much more trouble with hormones, especially with absorbing them--which it sounds with the estratest, might be a problem)
Unread 02-22-2002, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the thinkology

Thank you for your responses, all of you. You mentioned that there were some non script things I could do--what are they? There is a compounding shop where I got some progesterone cream, 3%, then I ran out and bought over the counter, and I'll bet that is some part of the slide.
I'm NOT thin, although I did gain weight since surgery, although some of didn't start until about 4-6 weeks , when the estrogen started kicking in....I did that right before Christmas, so I don't know if the rest of the weight gain was hormonal or not... in the midst of trying to fix it myself, I took an estratest yesterday and IMMEDIATLY gained 5 lbs of water weight immediatly. The other thing about the estratest, and I know this may not ring with many women, but my testosterone levels are REALLY high, and my sex drive is very high and my husbands isn't, another message board maybe on that...anyway I tried to tell him not to give me something with such test in it, and he was truly trying to be helpful, but didn't realize what a struggle this is. The lady at the compound shop said I didn't need to take estrogen at all, I would get enough in my meat. Anyway I may go back to her..but i was leary that I hsouldn't have any estrogen at all.
Also, I tried looking at the PCOS sites, and I am having a hard time pilfering through all the information to find stuff on post menopause management....everything is about fertility and weight loss, finally, I'm to the point where that is moot.
Again, thanks again and please send any other information or links that you think will be helpful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2002, 01:21 PM
Been charting

Here it goes
Before ert-evrything getting on my nerves,dry eyes,feel confused,nosex drive no sleep, forgetting easy.
On ert felt happier after 7 days back on the patch.
then after 20 days on ert. and progestrone cream and vit e and other herbs.I started feeling edgy and nervous, moody Blemishes real bad on my face and confused , and lumps in my breast which were sore.
Back off the ert-and after 4 days I feel depressed,
I dont know what is going on with me.I know that I feel so messed up and not sure which way to turn.
And o yeal, still having trouble with intercourse too after 7 months almost.
I am thinking that I have estrogen overload and maybe its going to get better-I hope so anyways.
Any body else confused like me?I feel like two people latey.

Jean
Unread 03-06-2002, 01:31 PM

Soughtafter,
If you've already located a compounding pharmacist why not talk to them about your difficulties. There are compounded estrogens available and perhaps you would do better on that. They often have packets of information and will probably even talk to your doctor about prescribing the compounded hormones.

This site www.iacprx.org has some more info on the compounded hormones.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register