my husband wont be there!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my husband wont be there!! my husband wont be there!!

Unread 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
my husband wont be there!!

Total panic just set in. My husband has to be in.court the day of ny surgery. No, he's not in trouble, he's part of this very long trial in the usmc. He can't get out of it and I can't change the date.

I'm panicking. I need him there he's my best support and well he's my husband!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2013, 06:30 PM
Re: my husband wont be there!!!!!

All I can say is "Oh wow!!" Can you get a friend or another family member to come? I know he will be there in spirit for you. This is a hard one. Sending hugs and support.
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenyatta5 View Post
All I can say is "Oh wow!!" Can you get a friend or another family member to come? I know he will be there in spirit for you. This is a hard one. Sending hugs and support.
I'm going to have my best friend there but its not the same. I have horrible anxiety and I get really nervous prior to surgery. Marc has always been my number one to keep me calm.

I can't believe they scheduled.court for that day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2013, 06:37 PM

That stinks! As much as you want his support, you will be in surgery and in recovery for awhile. Perhaps he can be there after court. If I had to pick and choose when to have my hubby with me I would say def. afterwards. I feel I needed him with me the most those first few days at home. Hope that helps😗
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:47 PM

Can your parents be there or your in-laws? Because you will need him more afterwards. Believe me you will. Coming home is when
you need him...
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:50 PM

I just had my ovary and Fallopian tube removed last week. My husband had to go out of town for a conference. I understand how you feel. I had my sister go with me, although I did have a few moments of anxiety I focused on other things which seemed to help. Stay strong you can do this!
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple07 View Post
That stinks! As much as you want his support, you will be in surgery and in recovery for awhile. Perhaps he can be there after court. If I had to pick and choose when to have my hubby with me I would say def. afterwards. I feel I needed him with me the most those first few days at home. Hope that helps😗
I won't get to see him till I.come home as our hospital is almost three hours away. He will be allowed the weekend off but will resume court Monday.

I'll have my best friend here but she will be caring for my 4 year old and my special needs 2 year old. I will essentially rely on myself
Unread 03-27-2013, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikad1969 View Post
Can your parents be there or your in-laws? Because you will need him more afterwards. Believe me you will. Coming home is when
you need him...
My best friend will be at the hospital with me,.mom is flying in just for surgery. We live 1,057 miles from our family because of his military service
Unread 03-27-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinkgarcia86 View Post
My best friend will be at the hospital with me,.mom is flying in just for surgery. We live 1,057 miles from our family because of his military service
I am so sorry. Can you change your surgery date? Can mom stay for about a week?
My heart goes out to you.
Pray about this. Prayer does change situation.
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:05 PM
Re: my husband wont be there!!

If I couldn't have had my husband I would have wanted my aunt who is like my mother (she passed away). Even my best friend would not have been enough for me.,,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register