Not scheduled yet!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not scheduled yet!! Not scheduled yet!!

Unread 02-21-2002, 03:56 PM
Not scheduled yet!!

Hi there,
I just came from my obgyn and have an ultrasound for 3-4. I had one last year and do have uterine fibriods. The only option left is hysterectomy. We have tried everything else. I also have had 3 surgerys on my overies for cysts over the last 30 yrs. the last one I had a terriable time recovering.
needless to say I'm a basket case. The Dr will put me on replacement therapy the day after surgery and that scares me. we talked about the risk of breast cancer and she only stated that it is a slow growing type. didn't make me feel better.
I am concerned with what I have read about bladder problems later and depression. Heck I'm already depressed.
I am glad I found this site and hope to get some support and help here.
Thanks in advance to all!
Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-21-2002, 04:34 PM
Not scheduled yet!!

Hi Diane!

Welcome to Hystersisters! We are so glad you're here!

I can understand all your fears. The best advice I could give at this point is to continue learning all you can about your condition and your surgery, but to not look for the side effects or complications that are sometimes reported in your research material. It wouldn't be right for them to omit events that have occurred to some women as a result of hysterectomy, but it isn't in our best interest to expect all those things to happen to us, either.

I had neither bladder problems nor depression after my hysterectomy, and I believe I am in the majority. Breast cancer is being researched all the time. Women who have not had hysterectomy and HRT also get breast cancer.

Aw, sweetie; don't be depressed. Try and keep a positive attitude; take comfort in the fact that you are doing what you and your DR have decided is best for your health and well-being at this time.

Do some more research on HRT. Some women choose not to go on HRT and find alternative supplements.

We'll be here for you, Diane. We've all faced this, too, so you are surely not alone.

Best Wishes and Big (((((((HUGS)))))))
Unread 02-21-2002, 05:27 PM
Not scheduled yet!!

Hi Diane,

Toonces has given you some great advice. I think most of us had our moments when we felt depressed, but please try to focus on some positive thoughts too ... like how much better you will feel a few weeks after surgery! I'm 12 weeks post op today and I am so grateful for how good I am feeling! There really is life after a hysterectomy and life is GOOD!

Also, be sure to check out the Ladies in Waiting information on the home page. Here is the link:

https://www.hystersisters.com/questions.php

We're here for you as you approach your surgery date and we're here for you afterwards too. Sending big hugs your way

Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register