Teallys Thread - Page 16 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Teallys Thread Teallys Thread

Unread 04-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Re: Teallys Tourtured Tuppys

Flame ,just needed to know you ok ,glad your sorting stuff ,and busy will take mind off a little ,it sounds great ,I love having car boot sales ,in summer ,we have a few ,and the kids love selling there toys ,but we always buy other peoples junk ,so come home with twice as much ,iv been round the charity shops today ,I get designer stuff to wear ,for a couple of quid ( dollar ) love it ,I'm not too proud to do it either ,I get a big frill when I find a bargain ,and I'm not bothered about ruining it that way ,I can wear it when I want ,my work mates think I'm loaded as I go to work in top name stuff lol ,
Well Sazc and nfreel ,flame ,isn't it strange we all got doggies and are so doggie in love ,mine is so sweet natured ,we rescued her from the dog pound ,she was bold starved and a nervousness reck when we got her ,the first week cost us 700 pound as she got sick and we had no insurance ,we had her 7 years now ,xxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2013, 05:12 PM

Still sorting. I promised my son he could have this old chest I have had forever, and it is full of old toys etc. from when I was a kid. An old doll, dollclothes etc, papers from school days, all kinds of stuff I have no idea what to do with. Do your kids a favor, throw everything away. How do I throw away this stuff now? Everything I think I will put in the trash, I think of some other use for it, "when I get around to it". So hard. I need to just close my eyes and throw it away, or put it on Ebay, when I get around to it!lol
Unread 04-05-2013, 04:49 AM

I so miss our daily updates. I'm glad we can a least find comfort in knowing we are not Alone in this journey. Here is to an Amazing Friday! Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2013, 05:06 AM

Flame, You were so sad for the previous two days, so it really worried us to hear nothing at all yesterday.

It is truly awesome to have this group of soul sisters (or is that tuppy sisters?) from all over to share this journey with.

Teally, I have two rescue dogs - one is 14, so she's not my walking friend, but she's the sweetest thing ever. She lives to be petted. The other one is 2 and has tons of energy -- she's a 65 pounder (over 4 stones), and thinks she's a small dog, so she's always bouncing around and running into things.

Boot sale? How does that work? We're getting ready to participate in the neighborhood garage sale to sell off some of this extra stuff we've gathered over the years.

Flame, I know how hard it can be to let go of things you've had a long time, but we purged our house a few years back and now have an amazing sense of freedom. The memories are not in the stuff, they're in your mind and always will be. To come home and relax without that sense that we should be working to sort through the mess is incredibly wonderful.

And we're helping my mother sort through her lifetime's accumulation right now -- my father passed a year ago March 4, and now Mom needs to move to a smaller place. She's not good at letting go of things, so we sort through the same things over and over, getting her to release just a bit more each time... It's hard on all of us.
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:31 AM

Sorry if I worried anyone yesterday, but actually I did try once to check in, wrote a message and then touched something on the keyboard, and poof! gone. I was running low on energy, and just couldn't type it all out again. I'm sure that has happened to each of you on this site, I don't know what happens. My heart felt warmed when I came back and saw that I was missed. Thanks you guys. I really love all of you, you all are my anchor right now in a stormy sea of emotions and pain. Thanks for genuinely caring about me, as I do you.
What I am trying to do here at home is set a good example for my dh. I am organising and cleaning out anything I can. Don't know what I am going to do with all that stuff in the beautiful cedar chest I am giving to my son, but I will do something. We have a 3 br house, and each of the 2 smaller bedrooms belongs to one of us. I have one br for craft work, in addition to my studio for flamework, don't want to do that in the house. In that br I have my computer and all my craft stuff, and store my inventory for craft shows etc. I keep it pretty well organized, it gets bad from time to time, but I always clean it up, or I can't work in it.
I also suffer anxiety when things get overly cluttered and messy in the house. Even when I am sick, I get up and clean things up and then can lay there and recuperate, I just can't stand a mess. Here is my dilemma, the other bedroom is his. It looks like a bomb blew up in there. His shoes are all over the floor, he uses that closet and has his clothes in there, there is a bed in there and you can't see the bed for all the junk he has on it. There is no other room in the house that looks like this. Even the garage is immaculate by comparrison. I hate it. Every time I walk down the hall it makes me feel bad. I close the door and try not to think about it. It is very, very imbarrasing to me when someone comes over, I hope nobody ever sees into this room. He won't let me clean it up. Says he will do it. This room has been this way for 10 years. This year I have been begging him to clean it, he made a little start, but then quit. It is overwhelming, I know. I could have it done in a day. My dh is so good in every other way I have tried to put this out of my mind. But as I try to get some control over anything I can control, like my home inviornment, I find that it is bothering me more and more. I don't know what to say to him reguarding this. I have tried nagging. I have tried not nagging. I have left notes. He has made promises. It just does not get done. I need it to be done. If I ever do dissapear from here you will know why. I cleaned out the room and he has done away with me.(joke)
Any idea? I am out of ideas. I am planning on cleaning the room next time he goes out of town for the day.
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Flame, I know my DH gets completely overwhelmed at the thought of big projects, so does nothing until I ask him to do just one piece of it. He usually does the one piece, then sees that it wasn't so bad and continues to finish the whole thing, but sometimes he does the one then stops. Then I ask him to do just one more piece -- we continue that way until the project is done. I can picture my DH looking into your DH's room, sighing deeply, and closing the door at the thought of having to deal with it.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Teallys Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewoman View Post
Sorry if I worried anyone yesterday, but actually I did try once to check in, wrote a message and then touched something on the keyboard, and poof! gone. I was running low on energy, and just couldn't type it all out again. I'm sure that has happened to each of you on this site, I don't know what happens. My heart felt warmed when I came back and saw that I was missed. Thanks you guys. I really love all of you, you all are my anchor right now in a stormy sea of emotions and pain. Thanks for genuinely caring about me, as I do you.
What I am trying to do here at home is set a good example for my dh. I am organising and cleaning out anything I can. Don't know what I am going to do with all that stuff in the beautiful cedar chest I am giving to my son, but I will do something. We have a 3 br house, and each of the 2 smaller bedrooms belongs to one of us. I have one br for craft work, in addition to my studio for flamework, don't want to do that in the house. In that br I have my computer and all my craft stuff, and store my inventory for craft shows etc. I keep it pretty well organized, it gets bad from time to time, but I always clean it up, or I can't work in it.
I also suffer anxiety when things get overly cluttered and messy in the house. Even when I am sick, I get up and clean things up and then can lay there and recuperate, I just can't stand a mess. Here is my dilemma, the other bedroom is his. It looks like a bomb blew up in there. His shoes are all over the floor, he uses that closet and has his clothes in there, there is a bed in there and you can't see the bed for all the junk he has on it. There is no other room in the house that looks like this. Even the garage is immaculate by comparrison. I hate it. Every time I walk down the hall it makes me feel bad. I close the door and try not to think about it. It is very, very imbarrasing to me when someone comes over, I hope nobody ever sees into this room. He won't let me clean it up. Says he will do it. This room has been this way for 10 years. This year I have been begging him to clean it, he made a little start, but then quit. It is overwhelming, I know. I could have it done in a day. My dh is so good in every other way I have tried to put this out of my mind. But as I try to get some control over anything I can control, like my home inviornment, I find that it is bothering me more and more. I don't know what to say to him reguarding this. I have tried nagging. I have tried not nagging. I have left notes. He has made promises. It just does not get done. I need it to be done. If I ever do dissapear from here you will know why. I cleaned out the room and he has done away with me.(joke)
Any idea? I am out of ideas. I am planning on cleaning the room next time he goes out of town for the day.
Is this the flame I know and love?? X Because of your sound advice I went into surgery not having completed my "big clean". One of the kids rooms was awful and needed a shovel to muck it out. I just shut the door on it! It nearly drove me insane to do it but I did. As long as the door is shut and I don't look ,it's on the periphery of my worries. I do understand how doing this can cause large anxieties but if he's good in every other way could you shut the door? Or let the dogs in " by accident" . Might he tidy it then if theres a chance they might chew a shoe or two? Try and not worry. Hope you're feeling we'll and not too tired x x( don't mean to sound bossy.... Just read back the telling off you gave me. You were right x xthank you x x)
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:11 AM

Yes Sazc, and remember my saying?
Take my advice.....I'm not using it!
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:23 AM

I missed that line. I'm glad I did because you helped me lots. I'm sure you're right too, it won't work for everyone.
x x
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:27 AM

Until this op I was a clean freak ,now I'm kike it can and will have to wait ,I used to dust and mop my floors every day ,and they been done twice in 6 weeks ,and do you know what ,I can't even tell the difference so what a waist of time ,my house looks the same ,as when I do it or don't xthere are things that would normaly bug me ,but tuppy rules the day ,my hubby same must be a man thing ,he loves coats as loads ,bike jackets ,wax coats ,belstaff coats ,barbour coats ,he cannot resist buying them ,and then you to store them ,he also as a shed ,he never chucks anything ,I do I have constant clear outs ,my wardrobe only as in what I wear ,also I have a few boxes with memorable items in loft and that is it ,I m brutal at shucking stuff ,flame we have a programme here called hoarders from hell ,and some one goes in and helps them clear out ,threaten him that tv show coming lol .men are like kids ,the stuff he as in shed nuts bolts nails every tool known to man ,but if I ask for a picture putting up ,not got the right nail lol ,I been food shopping today my mate helped me with the bags ,I'm feeling fitter than other day ,see thread xxx ain't it great that we all got so much in common ,even our men love to you all xx
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register