Teallys Thread - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Teallys Thread Teallys Thread

Unread 04-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Re: Teallys Tourtured Tuppys

Sorry you are feeling so awful Flame, you must rest and take care, you have your really important appointment next week, so I hope you are much better by then. Yep, tree allergies are bugging me today too, ribs getting a work out from all the sneezing, wood full of silver birch at the back of my house, they must be coming to life after the never ending Winter. ((Xx))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Teallys Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewoman View Post
Well I woke up this morning having another what I call "a near death experience". I am so sick. I called my Dr. office, and tried to talk to them between coughs and they have phoned in a script for Z pak , antibiotics. And some good strong cough syrup. My dh is off to pick it up, they didn't want me to come in to the office, nobody wants what I have. I just pray that I have not infected my dh. Someone has to be well enough to take care of me. I have never been this susceptible to colds etc as I have been since all my female probs began. I think the stress of being "in trouble" makes me weaker to fight things off.
If I am not very much better by Friday noon, they will phone in some prednizone for me. I was sick like this just 6 mos ago. I have asthma, and allergies, and the wind has been blowin' and the flowers are bloomin' and I feel like stool. IYKWIM.
I'll keep my fingers crossed you feel better in time for your appointment. Use this time to gather your thoughts and get your lists of questions finalised. Better now than after your thingy when you could damage " new" bits. Thinking of you x x x
Unread 04-10-2013, 04:16 PM

Hello flamewomen ,oh dear love ,get that vit c ,down you ,hope your better soon ,steam inhalation ,and hot drinks ,sorry all I'm neglecting you all ,I'm up to my eyes in stuff to do ,decorators house a tip ,last min sorting for hols ,your all in my thoughts ,not been able to even have time to sit in own house till now ,m going bed ,xxxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2013, 04:28 PM

It's ok Teally, I know your busy, sounds like something I would do, plan a big house project right before leaving town.
I got the first dose of antiboitics down, think I feel better already, but that may just be the special cough syrup they gave me.
I wish you could post pictures of your trip here, but you can do it pretty well with word descriptions, you are very good at painting a mental picture for us. Hope you have just the very best time on your vacation.
xxxx Mary
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:34 PM

I hope you have a Grand Holiday Teally!
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:07 AM

Hi ladies. Rough week here and not from surgery...

My former OG/GYN, who retired 5 years ago, was killed in a plane crash on Sunday. It was a small, private plane, and he was the pilot.

He was a different kind of doctor than what most of us have experienced with our surgeries -- one who always took the extra time to make sure I understood everything that was about to happen, even if I didn't know the right questions to ask, who had me come in for an extra office visit if I was uncomfortable with the way the way I was healing.

In addition, before I was married and had any children, I was in a serious relationship with a man who was then killed in an accident. Two years later, I was still struggling -- trying to make sense of what happened and what that meant for my future.

At my annual exam that year, he asked how I was doing and I told him how hard it was. He finished the exam, then told me to get dressed and he'd be back in to talk to me in a few minutes. He came in and just talked -- told me life is for the living, that he loved his wife more than anything else in the world and that meant he wanted her to be happy. He said that if something happened to him, he wanted her to go on with her life and be happy - to remarry if that's what she wanted and to not worry about him because he would be on the other side cheering her on and celebrating her happiness.

It was exactly what I needed to hear at exactly the right time and in those few extra minutes he spent with me, he saved me from my depression - made it OK, to let go and accept what had happened and move forward. He delivered my two children and has celebrated their lives with me as they've grown up.

Even though I've only seen him once or twice a year for the past several years -- running into him in the grocery store, gas station, or somewhere else -- he always stopped to talk and check on my family. He did that for all of his patients and I know this because I heard his wife talking once about how long it took to get through the grocery store if she was with him.

It's odd that not having him around doesn't really change much in my daily life, but it's also almost like losing another father. The funeral is tomorrow afternoon.

Thanks for listening, my friends.
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:13 AM

Its sad when someone you have known, respected and spoken too at significant times of your life passes away, whatever the circumstances, sounds like he was a lovely man. Obviously dedicated to his work, and able to show compassion, he will be missed. Sending you a hug and kiss. (((X)))
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:18 AM

Oh Nancy, I am so sorry about your news. he sounds like a lovely man. He was right you know, life is for the living. We only pass this way once and it's up to us what we leave behind. He has left great memories for a lot of people, his wife and family, his patients and their families. You were lucky to have had him in your life, so take time to be thankful, remember, and move onward. Xxx
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:56 AM

Nancy ,love ,that's awful news ,he sounds a legend in Kansas ,he will go to heaven ,and all will morn his great presence love ,thinking of you and tall tuppies ,as I'm rushing around meeting myself on way back ,we are trying to get jobs done before we go early hours Sunday ,I'm missing my chats ,just passed ipad on way to cook tea and saw your news ,hugs and big snog to u and all my gorgeous girlies xxxxxxxx
Unread 04-11-2013, 10:42 AM

(((Nancy))) My prayers go out to you and your community. What great memories he left behind for all you. xoxoxox
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register