Teallys Thread - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Closed Thread

Teallys Thread Teallys Thread

Unread 03-31-2013, 01:50 PM
Re: Teallys Tourtured Tuppys

Hi jannie_n xx
I have been good today not eaten any choc ! ,! Just march mellows fudge toffee and jelly beans ,that's good ain't it x I got a huge posh dark choc one ,it as tiny bars of chock from around the world ,with all sorts in ,raisins ,ginger ,almonds all sorts ,eh eh what was that noise ,ee eaaat me e eat mmee ,xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2013, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazc View Post
Hiya Jannie, You found us!!! I can't move I've eaten so much choccie.
Teally, I could almost climb into your description and be there. It sounds fab. I grew up a way away from where I am now. We used to spend the day at an open air swimming pool when we were kids. We'd take a jam buttie in a tupperware box which had turned to toast by the time we got to eat it. Only the rich kids had lockers. I LOVED it!
I wish my kids could have a bit of my childhood. We went out when the sun rose and came home when we were hungry or it went dark. Eee them were the days!!
Hi Jannie glad you made it!
Sazc I know what you mean bout childhood of past. My 10 yr old grandaughter has such a different childhood, even from one's I gave my 2 kids. She only like computers and serious competitive sports, no dolls, toys, etc. Too bad I think. I played with my dolls till I was 14 or so, got to ride my bike all over the neighborhood and rule was be home before dark if you want dinner. Sure cant do that now, my own kids had it ok, not as free as me, but now a days you just never know. Glad my kids are grown and out on their own. But then, as I have said, I am very old, but not so old that I have lost my compassion for others.
Unread 03-31-2013, 01:59 PM

Sazc I'm on same street I was born on ,different house ,we never spent money on our kids either ,for entertainment ,they made dens and Tarzan s
And camped out ,with there mates ,taught them stranger danger ,and I used to give them a whistle ,and I had one ,I'd blow my whistle one time ,and they would do one back ,to reassure me they were ok ,if I wanted them home ,I blew it twice ,lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2013, 02:04 PM

Flamewomen ,
Yes kids now it's all computers ,that's why when we have them we all about nature and outdoors ,they know plants and trees and bugs and how to make a bow and arrow ,and catapult lol xxx
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:10 PM
Teallys Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamewoman View Post
Hi Jannie glad you made it!
Sazc I know what you mean bout childhood of past. My 10 yr old grandaughter has such a different childhood, even from one's I gave my 2 kids. She only like computers and serious competitive sports, no dolls, toys, etc. Too bad I think. I played with my dolls till I was 14 or so, got to ride my bike all over the neighborhood and rule was be home before dark if you want dinner. Sure cant do that now, my own kids had it ok, not as free as me, but now a days you just never know. Glad my kids are grown and out on their own. But then, as I have said, I am very old, but not so old that I have lost my compassion for others.
Flame, you're not old. Age is just a number. I believe that. I still had dolls till I was 14. Actually ..... I've still got them lol. My bike and I had fantastic adventures too. In the woods at the beach , swimming lots. We were so fit too.
Teally I love the whistle idea. I might suggest it to mine just to see their reaction.
A lot of the people round here have lived in the village all their lives and moved from the next road. It's very clicky. Everyone is related too.You can do a bottie burp at 1 end of the village and within seconds everyone knows!!Ok if you're behaving yourself. Nightmare if you're not. There's , I think 5 different main core families which most people are related to. I am with an off shoot of a said family. I have been here 8 years and am still a newbie. It's great ☺.
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:10 PM

Hi there girls, all this chat about times gone by......I was reared on a farm and when we were old enough were given chores every day. I remember my job was to feed the new born calves and chop lighters for the fire, no health and safety then! My kids has it better I think. We live in the country and the land all around us is owned by my cousin so they could roam where they wanted. I used to blow a football whistle when I thought they were gone long enough. Happy days. Teally, I've been really good and have not touched the big egg yet, but it's starting to call me!
Jan, I'm so glad you found us. At least here we can chat and joke to our hearts content!
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:13 PM
Teallys Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swah9 View Post
Hi there girls, all this chat about times gone by......I was reared on a farm and when we were old enough were given chores every day. I remember my job was to feed the new born calves and chop lighters for the fire, no health and safety then! My kids has it better I think. We live in the country and the land all around us is owned by my cousin so they could roam where they wanted. I used to blow a football whistle when I thought they were gone long enough. Happy days. Teally, I've been really good and have not touched the big egg yet, but it's starting to call me!
Jan, I'm so glad you found us. At least here we can chat and joke to our hearts content!
Good times. I get all romantic when someone says newborn calves. Don't think I'd like the reality of doing it at the crack of dawn in the rain. I'm a townie I'm ashamed to say x
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:24 PM

Hi ladies!!! Jannie - so glad you found us! Who's still missing?

Teally, I think it's only fair that you eat lots of sweets at a wedding that doesn't play music you can dance to. I'm sure you saved some for the grandkids, and even if you didn't, you needed it more this time.

LOVE reading about your childhoods!! I was raised in a city, but different times than now. It was much safer to be out on the streets at night back then and we spent plenty of time outdoors going from one friend's yard to another.

My husband is a professor at the university here and has his students do a four hour period with no technology, then write about their experiences. VERY interesting papers come from that -- some who just couldn't make it through the full four hours, some who realized how very addicted they were, and others whose family, friends, girlfriend/boyfriend were worried and upset that so much time passed without a response to a phone call or text.

The jump didn't happen today. The sky was bright blue without a single cloud, it was 68 degrees, and then the wind came up. It's going to be rescheduled for later, like maybe July. But, we got to spend a lot of time with family we don't see often, so it was definitely worth both drives.
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:33 PM

Newborn calves have hard heads when they head butt the buckets against your wee hands. My one solid memory of childhood-sore knuckles,
Unread 03-31-2013, 02:42 PM

"Hi ladies!!! Jannie - so glad you found us! Who's still missing? "
Just jccampbell someone go find her and pm er. Do we have Exodus?
so hard to remember even which thread I am on anymore.
There were 10 main poster's on original thread, counting myself.
I think. some were drop in, and miss them too. What about misspixy? My mind is not so good after all this chocolate.
Closed Thread

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register