Beginning of the END! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Beginning of the END! Beginning of the END!

Unread 02-23-2002, 09:08 AM
Beginning of the END!

Helping ... and learning
I love Number13's girlie badge of honor thing ... I was the oldest daughter, can remember the Modess book about the "special" time to "celebrate," and made fun of it after finding out just how "special" all the cramps and accidents were

And thank you, Shell ... the END is for a NEW BEGINNING. I will harbor these thoughts for when I start to grieve (I've read enough to know I'll do it, too).
:jumping: Love to all of you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 09:54 AM
Oh yeah!!!!!!!!

I started my period at the age of 12. I'll never forget the day. Despite the 'cartoons' they shoewd us in elemetary school to prepare us, I did not know what was happening. My Mom sent my sister to the store for my very own belt...LONG time ago haha.

For 35 years I have had the monthly visit with horrible cramps. Until motrin came around, there was no relief from the pain and I suffered so much through all of my teen years. I was never able to conceive either!! Dang....... useless uterus

So, here I am at my END of the BEGINNING....scheduled to have surgery in 12 days and my period started yesterday. You know what I say about it??? I say GOOD RIDDANCE!!

I am nervous about the surgery itself, but over joyed that I will NEVER have a month quite like this one again. It is still an abstract thought, having everything taken....but for me a pleasant one.

Never again will I turn to my husband in bed and say 'honey...I am still bleeding...NOT a good night....maybe tomorrow?"

Yes, I am ready!
Bev
Unread 02-23-2002, 10:04 AM
Beginning of the END!

At almost 9 months PO a weird thing has happened to me and it might to you. I no longer even remember having my awful periods, and I go about my day like I never even had them. I feel 12 years-old again. I have completely forgotten almost on a daily basis why, when, and how it used to be. So...other new, wonderful things in your life will replace that old "friend." I see a baby, and I say cute, but glad I can go to my job and gym without babysitters. I see pregnant women, and I say how lucky for them, and then I book a trip to the Carib. It is all very weird, but time does help you refocus. All of my 14-15 friends who had hysters in the past 5 years don't regret it, and have gone on to lead fabulous, happy, and productive lives. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 02:39 PM
Thanks, Lesley

You know, that is such a different and reasonable way to look at this! I know I'll still have a hard time but I'm going to repeat what you said every time I have those thoughts...thank you again!
Unread 02-24-2002, 08:18 AM
Beginning of the END!

LesleyAnne,
It's funning that you mentioned that about babies. I have been
having some "adjusting" moments when it came to seeing babies.
But, yesterday I was at Walmart with screaming, crying babies
all around. I am now sooooo thankful that this will never happen
to me ever again (unless it's with grandchildren)!! Really put it
all in perspective for me . . . . Funny how things always come around full circle eventually huh ?

Take care all,
Dawn
Unread 02-24-2002, 08:20 AM
Beginning of the END!

Oops ! That was supposed to be "funny" - not funning !!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register