30 yrs. old with lots of questions, fears, etc. - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

30 yrs. old with lots of questions, fears, etc. 30 yrs. old with lots of questions, fears, etc.

Unread 02-24-2002, 07:58 AM
30 yrs. old with lots of questions, fears, etc.

Marlow,
This is going to sound crazy but you are not alone! Other than the c-sections I am with you down to the one ovary question and 2 kids!!! I have decided to go ahead and end the pain with a total tvhbso lap assisted. I've already had a laproscopy and that helped me make the decision. After finding out all that was wrong with me and the fact that my right ovary could cut loose and lead to internal bleeding <<spooky thought>> my decision was made. Adheasions had grabbed my intestines and knotted them up, you can imagine the additional complications with that along with the "normal" 3 week pain around the cycle.

I too am 30 and I have been dealing with the pain on my lower left side since I was 14. Doc was (shocked) to say the least that I was able to have kids at all with the mess we discovered from the labroscopy. So anyway after all this..... I would advise you to talk over everything with DH or other close person and seriously consider the lap before you do the hyster. Could open your eyes to why or why not.

Read, read, read, study, ask around, get lots of opinions, read more and then make a well educated and informed decision. After all this is a decision you will have to live with for the rest of your life, make it with the knowledge that you will have no surprises. My decision was not easy but I feel that I am making the right choice for myself and my family.

Good luck to you and yours.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 08:36 AM

You are definitely not alone!

C-section #1, no problem after...C-section #2 was an emergency, had to slice and dice my uterus up-and-down. So, at least I have a healthy kiddo, but cannot have anymore as my uterus wouldn't withstand the pressure.

I was 24. They "the military" had some rule back then with the insurance coverage, had to wait until I was 25 to have a tubal.

I wish I had had a hyster then. I wish I had known what was going to be happening down the road.

Painful periods, pain going down my right side, from my pelvis to the foot. Ovalation had the same pain, but with a nice back ache to go along with it. Tons of bleeding...sometimes one day, sometimes 3 weeks. Finally pre-menopause kicked in 2 years ago. Now, along with the pain and bleeding I have nice hormone thingies going on. Wonderful.

Been living with this for over 10 years. I'm 37 and getting a TAH done. I cannot wait to be all done with this!

Sara
Unread 02-24-2002, 12:13 PM
Keep them coming...

I am so glad to hear stories that sound so much like mine, sad that you guys are having pain like me, but most people that I talk to about it have no clue what I'm talking about.

Tracy, I'm from East TN.

I have to say that I think it's from having a tubal, I never had any problems until after I had that done. I always caution my friends to think long & hard before they make that decision.

Meg, that is me, my right ovary has never hurt at all, that's why I'm hoping to keep it to stay off of hormones.

This may be a silly question, but will just having 1 ovary be enough to stay off of hormones? I told you I am clueless about some of this stuff.

I'm not looking to make an appt. with my GYN. for at least a couple of months, but I would like to have something done one way or the other around the first of May. I'm trying to get as much information now so I dont' feel pressured when it's time to go talk to him & at least know a little more about what I want to do.

I know it's not healthy to just let it keep going & going, not that I could anyhow, it's affecting my life to much. I feel like my life REVOLVES around my cycle & that's such an awful feeling. We've got a trip planned to the beach in July & what do you think I've been doing? Counting up on my calendar to see if I'm suppose to start my period during that time, and SURE ENOUGH the day before we are due to come back home. Bummer!

Anyway, I am appreciating all you guys have to offer & appreciate the honest answer that I'm getting. Keep them coming!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 12:37 PM

Hi Marlow,
Just read your post and I just wanted to say that I have just decided last Fri. along with my dr and dh to go ahead with a TVH and keep the ovaries per what dr has suggested for now. I am 35 and have had unbelievable bleeding, pain in my side and also being soooo tired. I too am not having any more children I have dd (10yrs) step-d (8yrs) and step-son 18 yrs. So I decided that to be able to enjoy life free of pain that this is what I should do!! Keep reading posts on the site it has been wonderful for me just for support and encouragement!! I hope everything goes well for you in your decision and feel free to e-mail me for any added support!!
Also the web links associated to all of this have helped me tremendously.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register